Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

First HIM

Did Best in the West long course Saturday the 6th. Beautiful area at Foster Reservoir in Sweethome Oregon. I had a good swim, a lovely bike ride and a mostly good run. The heat kicked by but on mile 11 of the run. Had to dial it back. I felt great coming off the bike and ran faster than I should have given the weather. 93 degrees for the run. Overall I am please. Hydration and nutrition kept me feeling good on the bike. I will revise my nutrition on the run to a better source. Took first in my age group. Finished 6:01:59. Not bad for a 55 year old first timer.This event is located in a beautiful area of Oregon. The race directors did a great job of marking the course and they had good volunteers with lots of hydration and porta potties if you needed them. On with the full IM plan for IMAZ in November.

Comments

• Options

Superb! I can't wait to see what you do in AZ this fall, when it will be a lot cooler.

• Options
    Looking forward to IMAZ. It will my first full. My goal is to have a great time and finish well. Cooler temps would be a blessing.
  • Options

Anita! You had several EN team mates at Best in the West! We would have loved to know you were there to cheer you on. Glad to hear you had a good time. It was smoking hot. Thank goodness for the cooling tent and nice cold lake water. Good job on your first HIM. Blair and his crew did a great job. Can't recommend it enough for you NW people.