Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2014 IMFlorida Official Introductory Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    Oh yea of little faith. The next four nights are really going to knock down the water temperature. But then it gets to be so-so. I will bring a skinsuit as a back-up but I'm planning on moderately legal water. I'll bring a sleeveless and full sleeve but will be willing to give up time and use the sleeveless if the water is between 73-76 to avoid cooking on the swim. Current accuweather forecast is calling for a spike on race day of 65 low and 86 high. Could be one of the hotter years!
  • Options
    Hope everyone having a good taper...we're getting very close!! I went to the wrong Bonefish Grill last year for the team dinner, so looking forward to meeting some of you awesome ninjas at the dinner next week image

@Paul....How's the water temp looking?
  • Options
    Just to make sure I don't get lost like Steve last year I'm going to:
    BoneFish Grill - 641 W 23rd St, Panama City, FL 32405
    at 5:30pm
    IS THAT CORRECT???
    Looking forward to meet all
  • Options
    The sign up list has an address to the Bonefish Grill in Panama City...i.e., you have to drive across the bridge and past Gulf Coast Community College for about 5 miles. Is that the one?

Water Temp - Surf-forecast still says 80, but the NOA buoys had it at 76.5. I will be shocked if it is not wetsuit legal by next Saturday. Water always cools quickly at the end of October. Pretty cool out this morning when I went to the pool in Tampa.
  • Options
    Weather forecast at the time showing high of 66 on race day.
    Well, at least that is a wetsuit guarantee (to compensate for the time to be lost in T1 to put on a vest!!!!)
  • Options
    This graph shows the water temperature trend. Data is taken every 6 mins so you can see the water temperature rising during the day and cooling off at night. Bring a full wetsuit. Accuweather says the high will be 70 that day. Hard to say, but yes, it's looking like it will be cool for most of the ride.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.php?station=pcbf1&meas=wtmp&uom=E&time_diff=-4&time_label=EDT
  • Options

Thanks Paul, for weather up date! LOL....looks like I'm bringing Michigan weather with me.

Just sent my bike and gear to Florida.  Reality setting in!  

• Options
    Nice info., thanks Paul. Looking forward to meeting everyone Thur. night??
  • Options
    Hello from Panama Beach where we just arrived!!
    If by any chance any of you is stopping by your LBS before traveling would very much appreciate a favor:
    NEED TO PURCHASE 2 (two) canisters of VITTORIA PIT STOP which I will promptly reimburse at dinner on Thursday!!!
    Other than that, if any of you already on location I am going out for a bike course inspection and ride at 8:00am
    with plenty of space in my mini van.
    My cel number (305)450-4401
    See you all soon.
  • Options
    7am swim recon done with Yvette Metz. Choppy!!!!! But not as bad as it looks from the shore!!! Going out for a bike recon.
    My cel 305-450.4401
  • Options

great swim Juan! Can any one tell me where the link is to the coaches talk.  Looking for the roads to do the bike loop!!! Thanks

• Options

will there be a coach talk this year at the site?

• Options

Paul not this year! 

• Options

does anyone know how to start group me?

• Options

swim at 7:00A.M. today (Thursday) meet at boardwalk 6:50 A.M.if anyone wants to join in!

• Options
    Good to meet everyone tonight at the EN dinner. Good luck to all Saturday.
  • Options
    Great team dinner. Pretty neat group of folk in the Haus!!