Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

IMCDA Week 13

While I like to think I have it rough, seeing you all coming back from epic camps and races has me pumped to ramp it up a bit:o)  Think I might have to get me a big weekend in this week ~ unfortunately, I have family and move prep stuff going on over the two weekends after that, so will be juggling to get in any kind of long rides/runs...

Solid swim today, felt great throughout the long sets and was able to maintain a good pace while not getting gassed...almost seemed like the sets were high zone 1, so really happy about the progression there.

Have a great week all, and let us know how things are going in your part of the world.

Comments

• Options
    I'm spending a couple days in Asheville with a friend after the BRP camp, so taking it easy to recover for a couple days. Hoping to do a short easy run tomorrow as long as the legs feel decent. Once I'm back home I need to pick up my swim volume, that has been getting dropped a lot!
  • Options
    How to do a long run when short on time- run commute home (7.5 mi), quick break to walk and feed the dog, the. Get back out there to finish the 2 hr run by 9pm. Legs felt good!
  • Options
    Was up early to get in the run...not looking forward to getting up earlier and earlier ~ it's the first step out of the bed that's the hardest.

Solid week so far, though didn't get the FTP workout in last night ~ brother showed up as I was getting ready to ride, and was more than happy to ride with him (he's new to it) than do some serious work...might have gotten 15 minutes FTP in. Mariners game tomorrow night then going to try to do 5 hrs on the bike Sat and Sun per the Coach R due to some family plans likely inhibiting the next couple of weekends for long rides.

It's getting close, right?:o)
  • Options
    Solid week of training, though didn't get all the bike work I had planned on...and that's my biggest weakness. The time commitment is huge there, but man, there are no shortcuts. Feeling pretty strong on the swim and looking to continue to build a little more speed and confidence. Lifetime runner, so feeling ok there as well. I envision myself as a 5:30 biker, but that reality is a pipe dream...for a few more years and 20lbs or so anyway:o)

Family commitments are going to make it a little more difficult to get everything in over the next couple of weeks, as well as getting the household ready to move across the country.

Have a good week 14!