Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Boulder
Options

Week 13 Training Thread

OK, here we go, onward in to week 13.  The days only get longer and harder from here.  A couple changes in store for us this week are a jump from 1x15 & 1x10 @Z4 to 2X20 @ z4 for the wednesday bike.  The thursday long run is not 2 hours, and the saturday long ride is now set at 5hrs.  Also, all the swim workouts are pushing 4k(yds/meters) per workout.  On a personal note, i have Boulder 70.3 on saturday so i will do my normal workouts on M, Tue.  I will reduce the duration of the Z4 work on the wednesday bike.  I will drop my long run down to 60min and friday will be a short swim and a 30 min Z1 run with a couple pick-ups.  Sunday will most likely be a rest day. Remember, to take things one day at a time and know that each workout creates a new layer of fitness and over time those layers add up and create the performance you will have on race day.  Go get it, everyone!

Comments

• Options

Hey Folks,
    I'm travelling for work this week so it's been challenging so far. I did mange to get the swims and runs in this week. Though the swims were odd as the pool at the hotel was a bit shorter than 25yards... So I did a little estimation based on time. Got em in though... I'm switching Wed WO's and Thursday WO's. Did the Thursday long run this AM very early. Always nice to run a Half Marathon before breakfast. :-) Heading back home in the morning so I hope to get Wednesday's bike and run in tomorrow afternoon. We'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's getting close!

Erik
  • Options
    Good luck with the race this weekend Mark...

I'm back at it... Still a little fatigued but finally getting to a mental place where I want to work. I'll hit most of the WO's this week. It's supposed to be 90 todayhere in KC... So that'll make for a nice long run. Coach P wants me only working z1 for another week because my HR's still a little elevated... We'll see what happens...
  • Options
    Way to go Mark...Awesome race... You're a total beast! I can't even imagine what 6:30's feel like...