Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2015 IMLP Team Dinner

http://members.endurancenation.us/R...lacid.aspx

Hi all,

Above is the link for IMLP RSVP Team Dinner.  Also note you mush prepay using the link provide on that page.  Deadline to prepay for the dinner is Sunday, July 20th. 

Hope you can make it!

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for the delay. All set.
    Thanks for the reminder Shaughn.
  • Options
    Locked, loaded and looking forward to it.
    Do we know if there will be any gluten-free menu choices?
    Thanks to EVERYONE who has helped to organize, in advance! Much appreciated!!
  • Options
    Carole and I are in!
  • Options
    WHERE is the team dinner? the location is not filled in on the race page, don't recall seeing it on the reservation page...
  • Options
    Your hotel room!

I thought the sign-up spreadsheet said We were dining at The Crowne Plaza - correct?
  • Options

My wife Patti and I are in, at least that's the plan.  My flight gets in to Ottawa at 1 and then I'll make the drive to LP.  Barring any delays we should be there and I might even get to check in to the hotel first.  I did get pulled over for a random check at the border last time, opened up the bike case and check my vehicle.  It's all good but that could add more time as well. 

@ Woody  yes you are correct

Team Dinner (RSVP Here)

• 07/23/2015 @ 6pm
    • Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid, Grandview Room

101 Olympic Dr, Lake Placid, NY 12946

• Options

I don't know if I can make it to the dinner.  Marvin and I are planning and paid for this but we don't get into Albany till 3PM and we are staying in Whiteface.  I guess we could do dinner first and then check in later...

I doubt I'll make four keys talk due to wanting to do practice swim, ride bike and check in on Friday....  I could swim in the morning and then come to four keys and bike after that... I plan to ride the run course on the bike. 

There is another athlete briefing at 3PM that I might get to after doing that.

If we come to 4 keys, how close is that to swim and run venue?

how close is athlete briefing to run course?  it looks like it is in transition... so has to be right there.  Is it safe to ride the run course?  Traffic?

Opening ceremony?  is this something to go to?  I don't want to do anything except put bags together and check in on Saturday. 

Your thoughts and opinions, oh wise ones who have done this before image

• Options
    OK, folks, got it figured out. we will make it to the dinner on Thursday.
    Fourkeys might not happen if the athlete briefing is important... I'm familiar with four keys so should I go to the presentation or go to the athlete briefing. I don't think I can do both.
    so only question: Four keys? or athlete briefing?
  • Options

Posted By Patricia Rosen on 22 Jul 2015 12:39 PM

OK, folks, got it figured out. we will make it to the dinner on Thursday.

Fourkeys might not happen if the athlete briefing is important... I'm familiar with four keys so should I go to the presentation or go to the athlete briefing. I don't think I can do both.

so only question: Four keys? or athlete briefing?

4k > athlete briefing. 20' of the talk is the 4k stuff you know. The rest is information specific to racing IMLP...which you probably don't know. If there's anything earth shatteringly different, from any other race, communicated in the athlete briefing, you'll hear about it from the team/people who went

• Options
    Awesome! Thanks!