Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

2015 IM Maryland Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hi Paul! It will be great to see you in Cambridge! Congrats on the new AG too. I'll be joining you there next year :-)
  • Options

Thanks Nemo! It will be great to see you too! 

• Options
    Hello,
    Kevin here. I will be doing IMMD as well. First IM for me. I have done a few HIM...Lodging is an issue but will keep checking for cancelations...
  • Options
    This will be my 4th IM. Did Chesapeake Man in 2013 which is on the same ground. From what I hear the bike and Run course is much better laid out for IMMD so I'm looking forward to that.
    I'm from Virginia so this race is only a few hours away from me. I will be there with my 7 year old, my wife, Mom, and Sister who have been at every full IM finish line with me.

will be checking in with this thread more often in the coming weeks. I'm recovering from a Half and planning to take it easy for the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Hi Nate! Happy to have you with us!
  • Options

Hi Nate, 

Nice to have another VA teammate coming to Maryland. 

Sarah

• Options
    Hello Team! This is my third IM, previous were Panama City in 2010, Arizona 2012. Last year I was registered for IM Brazil but I broke my elbow during training and ended up just going down to Florianopolis as crew for my training buddy, I shall return!! I am from El Salvador and I live and train in San Salvador. I've been with EN since 2010. I'm heading to IMMD with four of my friends (one Colombian and four Salvadorans total) so look out for the Spanish speaking bunch running around prior to race day. We all live in San Salvador and train together so training and ultimately racing all together will be great fun.

Regarding lodging we are actually staying at the host hotel, we booked almost a year prior to the race.

Enjoy the training to come and hope to meet as many as you as I can in October!!
  • Options
    Bienvenidos Pedro!
  • Options
    Hello all! This will by my 6th IM start (IMLP 2012 (dnf), IMMT 2013, IMMD 2014, and IMCHOO 2014). IMMT in August will by my 5th. I wanted to say hello and am following the forums for IMMD. I hope to be more active in the MD forums after MT. Look forward to seeing everyone.
  • Options
    Dang William, IMMT and IMMD in one year!? Impressive.
  • Options
    Very Impressive...do you have a race report your prior IMMD?
    Kevin
  • Options
    @Nemo and @ Kevin - thanks.

Kevin, I do have a race report for IMMD.

I think this is the link - http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/16824/Default.aspx
  • Options
    Jim Ebert here. I may have been getting emails about this and though they were !/2 IM Raleigh and disregarded them...just an old guy who ain't great with computers and email.
    been doing tris over 20 years. started with minis of 5 miles total. stopped counting half IMs. My first im distance was ChesapeakeMan in 2011(?) at end of awards ceremony I had to let them know i'd finish...after they checked the computer... I got my 1st place in my age group...told you I was old. 2012 got AG 3rd in IMLouisville. on a 3 year progam to get to old mens Kona. at top of my AG this year so just seeing if I can do it and how well. training has been fair to poor... which kinda tells me how i'll do. no training for the past 3 weeks[i'm back Nemo] and I have oly lake logan in western NC 8/9! and an oly 3 weeks before IMMD. hopefully I can "grow-up" and get some serious racing for the next 2 months and do well - for me - in IMMD.
    look forward to seeing you all (please wear name tags for we old guys who can't remember names 5 seconds after we hear them...)
  • Options

Hi all from Boston,

This will be my 3rd IM and my first IMMD. I completed my first two IM in Mont Tremblant Canada.  I have two teenage daughters and a husband who is a wonderful sherpa!  ironically, this 3rd IM has me worried more than the last two because I seem to be too complacent. My workouts are okay but the fire needs some fuel. I need inspiration. Yikes!

Good luck to all as you head into the last 8 weeks of training

Stephanie

• Options
    I'm not doing this race but did it last year. Loved it!
  • Options
    Welcome Stephanie! Join in on the weekly threads, and I guarantee you'll get some fire and inspiration! We've got a core group of regulars posting about their training trials and tribulations.
  • Options

Stephanie,

I think most IMs have doubts at time. I just remember coach Patricks comment that even when you don't seem to have really done a good job of training you still come up with a great tri time. I unfortunately have to often depend on that....

you still have  those  8 weeks!  

• Options

Stephanie,

I think most IMs have doubts at time. I just remember coach Patricks comment that even when you don't seem to have really done a good job of training you still come up with a great tri time. I unfortunately have to often depend on that....

you still have  those  8 weeks!  

• Options
    Julie,
    Thank you! I will be visiting this thread more. Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    Jim!
    Coach Patrick has some pretty sage advice! Thanks for the reminder.