Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Gatlingburg TN...for riding?

Hello, I will be staying in a cabin outside of Gatlinburg, TN for holiday with my family.  As IMWI is just around the corner, I want to get in some good cycling as well.

1) If any of you live in the general area...if you are going out for a ride, I would love to tag along.  Just let me know when and where.

2) Can anyone recommend any good routes that I could follow on ride with GPS?

3) Are there any clubs locally that would let me join a ride?

I will be there from Saturday August 22d - 26th.

Let me know!

Comments

• Options

Posted By Dawn Cass on 16 Aug 2015 04:47 PM

Hello, I will be staying in a cabin outside of Gatlinburg, TN for holiday with my family.  As IMWI is just around the corner, I want to get in some good cycling as well.

1) If any of you live in the general area...if you are going out for a ride, I would love to tag along.  Just let me know when and where.

2) Can anyone recommend any good routes that I could follow on ride with GPS?

3) Are there any clubs locally that would let me join a ride?

I will be there from Saturday August 22d - 26th.

Let me know!

I don't know anything about the area but recommend you do a search for routes on RidewithGPS.com to get some ideas. 

• Options
    I haven't done it but I know that they close the Cade's Cove road on some certain day of the week for a few hours to allow only cyclists on the road. Not sure of the specifics but you can check the Great Smoky Mountains National Park website and probably find something on it. The road is beautiful and would make for a great rolling ride through a nice mountain setting.

A lot of the roads in the park are traveled by car pretty hard so it may not be the best place to ride.
  • Options
    Thanks Rich & Brandon...will do both.