Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IM Ville Mojo thread, week 19 - 28 Sept - 04 Oct TAPER MADNESS!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks to all of you that have consistently posted throughout the week. I've been busy handling a small stomach bug outbreak amoung my kids that I've had no time to post until today. I have been able to read your posts and it looks like everyone is getting along with their final days leading up to our race. Great job! On Thursdsy morning I was in the pool set to swim a good 3800-4200m when I got the call from school image. Hopped out only to have completed 1000m. That would be my wko for Thursday. Friday I was able to get 90' on the TM (thank goodness I have one at home!). Aside from the sickly children we have been experiencing awful weather here in VA (thanks to Joaquin) so most of my run training has been inside. Saturday swam 2.2 (with pull) in 60'. Today I jumped on the trainer for 2.5hrs and there was a break in the rain so I ran 3.8miles around the neighborhood. So much to do before I leave Thursday morning...looks like I may not make it to dinner on Thursday, but will definitely try my best to get to Lou early.
    Roy, any local updates on the algae?
  • Options
    Jay, I may borrow your wisdom to show me how it's done. I have adamo seat. I'm thinking about going to a rear single bottle and tying stuff to that. Xlab delta.
  • Options
    @Danielle - Latest news articles says they are still testing and will continue testing next week. WTC says they will not green light the swim unless the 'recreational warning' is lifted. It was very cold Friday and Saturday with ran in the city. It was warmer today (mid- 75's).

re: Tool / tube carry: I use a very small under the seat bag that holds a tube, CO2 x2, and tire levers (i.e. like almost every cyclist I know). Is there some reason folks here aren't doing that? Trying to tape things / implement a race week - home-made solution not only seems very risky, but likely disturbs the flow of air much more than an small, well positioned tool bag would. Just food for thought.