Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Los Cabos
Options

2015 IM Los Cabos Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

Welcome to the Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else doing this race? Will be my firm IM (second triathlon of any kind). Chose it for the post-race tequila.

I read somewhere the bike course was changed this year. Anyone have insight? Sounds like it's been hilly in the past.
  • Options
    Scott, I just finished my first IM in May. IMTX was a great experience and I am still riding the high it gave me to finish. My husband and I are registered for Los Cabos as of yesterday. Hit panic button now. I have not been keeping up the training so there is some catch up to be done.

My husband and I living in Monterey CA back in 2002-2005 and loved visiting San Fran. We are now between TX and Africa but soon to be only in TX. Started training for TX back in Oct. 2014 mainly on a treadmill and trainer, so I am excited to be able to ride my bike and run outside. Also, there are several EN Team members in the area that I can connect with to work out. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hello Guys! anyone racing Cabo?
    I'm in!
  • Options

About the hotels:

I just booked in the Holiday Inn resort, it's very close to the transitition and finish line, also has one of the best prices and as it is a host hotel there will be mechanical station.ย 

ย 

• Options
    I'm am going I will be racing the 70.3. I will be staying at the Sheraton. Looking forward to the post race tequila
  • Options
    That's great Travis, Tequila and a lot of cerveza!!
    Anyone else signed in?
  • Options
    How is the training going guys? I am supposed to receive my new bike this week, that I am very excited about. I am also terrified that I will wipe out on my maiden ride; how much would that suck?

Next week is my first RR week, 2 back to back 112 mile rides. No problem. Any idea what the nutrition will be on the course? Anyone done this course before who can offer some tips or suggestions?
    Keep up the good work and I will check back with you guys soon.
  • Options

Hello Dana!

That's great a new ride, you just need to get a lotta miles with it, there's one one month left!!

About the nutrition, the standard in mexico is regular Gatorade, there's no GE; also the gels are I think it's Fuel or something like that, In Cozumel and Monterrey they gave that kind of gels, for that I used my own GU gels, I tried the others and there was a lot of sugarย In the running part there's also Gatorade and the water come in bags, that's very useful since there's not like a cup and you can drink it very well.ย 

There has been changes in the bike course, it's not as hilly as other years, there's only one big 3 mile hill at mile 51.ย 

Have a great time with your RR!

• Options
    Thanks! Two long trainer rides complete followed, by a long run. Needless to say my swim this morning was slow.

Thanks for getting back to me about the nutrition. I got serious bloating from Gatorade endurance which had a bad impact on my run so I am happy to hear it is good old Gatorade. Used that and gu for my RR and felt great.
    Also, my husband found a Los Cabos bike course online somehow and synced it up with our trainer. We don't know if it is the actual race course or not but at least it is good practice; lots of hills.

I would love to get together with you guys to do recon of the bike course. We arrive Thursday afternoon. We are shipping our bikes so the details of when to do the recon is variable. Still, Anybody interested?

So glad RR week is over. Mentally I am getting very excited, physically my body wants a break. Oh and I am still dragging my feet when it comes to working on dropping some lbs. for race weight.

Good luck and stay healthy.
  • Options

So.. October starts today!!ย ย how's your training? I'm really tired now, it has been really hard the last couple of weeks, but getting the race mojo!!

Take care!!

• Options
    Bike is in rout, bags are packed, and my nutrition plan is calculated & tested. Time to get this party started. IT IS RACE WEEK!

My husband Chris and I will be staying at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos down the street from the host hotel. I look forward to seeing you there. Good luck to everyone. May your race week be smooth, relaxed and uneventful so that all your energy can go into the race.