Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽ
Options

RR #2 Plan

This Saturday, I have RR # 2 in the prep for NOLA HIM.

The plan:

Begin nutrition and hydration 2 days before as if racing. RR will be in Charleston on a flat course I know- 28 miles out and back. Probably will have to deal with wind, but will stay in proper gears no matter the speed.

Wake early enough to get down and begin ride around 9 am. Will carry 600 cals Infinit conc mix and 3 add bottles water. Succeed tabs, plan to add 2x/hr depending on temps. Bike setup with 808's ( not disc) and ride aero helmet. Outfit same as race day ( haven't gotten EN yet !).

Most recent rides I have been having a tough time holding 85% on ABP days. Plan to target 82% for this RR with first 30' at 5% less, according to EN tables. Stay aero and focus on smooth pedal strokes, the speed will be there.

Transition quickly, but smoothly, as if racing. 3 miles out at MP+30", 3 miles back at MP. Carry Gatorade and Succeed for run. Remember to hydrate on run !

Comments

• Options

Sounds pretty good, a few questions

ย 

1) What are you going to eat before you head out.

2) How does the course you are riding compare to the actual course

ย 

Good Luck

• Options

Thanks for the questions..

1- I plan to eat the same way as race day...peanut butter and banana on bagel 3 hrs before start.ย Hydrate with G2 to start

2- Course is flat...should be very similar