Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman North Carolina [Retired]
Options

The Rumor About the '16 B2B

Has anyone heard anything more about WTC taking B2B next year?

ย 

Comments

• Options
    Just that it actually showed up in the Ironman store as a race and was quickly taken down. Sounds like a PR course for sure. I am hoping I can transfer one of my IM races to it.
  • Options
    Did not hear rumor but sounds interesting.
  • Options
    Yep- heard the rumor as well. Hope it becomes a reality
  • Options
    I have a good friend who was looking for an indy race like B2B, lower entry fee, later signup, all those things.

This could change his plans.
  • Options
    The Great Floridian is still available and will be open up to the very end.ย 
  • Options
    Yep, that's where I started all this, 2006. I'll remind him of the GFT option.
  • Options
    Lots of rumor around these parts of NC that there have been talks. Not too much love for the idea around here though. Remains to be seen, but that race has been the primary annual fundraiser for the local YMCA. Getting taken over by a corporation changes all that- and folks are a lot less likely to volunteer for an event that just puts money in someone else's pocket.
  • Options
    The race is actually owned by the YMCA, so if they get bought out then they get the money. SetUp events is just the company that puts on the race, so technically they would be out of a job. FYI - REV3 Cedar Point is open and amazing, and being an EN sponsor there are discounts and tons of swag. If you register before the 15th you also get a free month of EN for signing up for a REV3 race.
  • Options
    Nice promo, Mariah! But, that will be too much travel for him, 100% sure.

We've been kicking around the idea of having our first annual No Fluff, Just Tuff tri day that covers 140.6 (and then some) in the fall. 4 laps of swimming in a protected area at Lake Lanier, 4 laps of solid local biking ~115mi, 4+ laps of running that yields 26.2. Coolers and snacks stashed/hidden at strategic trees or behind buildings.

Only racing is to not be last. Last place buys dinner, that night, for everyone.
  • Options
    Having Raced B2B, I really liked the local vibe and am planning to do it again. I agree that a takeover would likely change that and I am not certain that would be a change for the better. I do find it interesting how the speculation of a WTC takeover increases the interest in the race.
  • Options
    Bummer. This was a fantastic local race.