Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Learn me about St Louis.

Hi all.  The wife just accepted a job offer in St Louis so we'll be moving there this summer.  I've already googled the area and found the local tri and running clubs' website and am starting to do the deep dive on other cultural stuff.  We've been told the Kirkwood / Webster Groove / Clayton areas are the places we want to start our housing search.  We plan to rent for a year and get to know the area intimately and then will likely roll in on a house.  Quality public schools are a key factor in our housing decision.  Walking / running distance to Forest Park would be dreamy as well.  We are looking to move there June-ish.

So, learn me all the good, insider info on St Louis.  

Comments

• Options
    Hi Roy,
    I live in St. Louis, not far from Forest Park. I would say of the areas that have good schools near the park, Clayton is the best. Webster and Kirkwood are great but you are a drive away from the park. I tried the local tri club for a bit without much luck of getting a good "team" feeling. Could have just been me. There are plenty of places to run and ride, though I will say I don't find STL to be the most bike friendly place I have ever been. Clayton and Ladue Roads get a lot of bike traffic, from a central corridor area anyway. The districts you mentioned are great, but also worth consideration I would suggest would be the Lindbergh and Parkway (esp West, and South). Private Catholic schools are a big deal here, so not sure how that would impact your thoughts. I am born and raised in STL and would be happy to discuss any questions you all have. Feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    I too have spent a lot of time in St. Louis. I have been either racing bikes, tri or straight running races since the mid 80's. I also have three kids 12,10 and 8. I am happy to talk about St. Louis if you would like. Just send me a PM and we can figure out a good time if you would rather talk. Good luck in finding your spot.
  • Options

Welcome to St Louis (soon) Roy!  Glad to have a you here!  I would agree with Scott re info/locations.  Let me know if I can help!  Alan