Homeโ€บ Community Forum ๐Ÿ 
Options

Keeping Bike Clean on Trunk Rack?

My fiancee is running a marathon this coming weekend in Traverse City, MI (about 4 hours away from where we live). ย We don't have room to throw the bike in the car which is how I usual transport it. ย I do have a trunk rack, but am worried about the bike getting pretty dirty over a 4 hour trip since it is supposed to be pretty rainy each days we are driving. ย I have a huge thing of saran wrap type material from my move recently...think this could work to keep it clean? ย Any other ideas? ย 

Comments

• Options
    @Jordan - I've driven several hours in some nasty weather with my bike on the back of my SUV and no damage has been done. If you're concerned about the water, you can try to cover or wrap parts of the bike that aren't sealed well. Also make sure to dry the chain and lube it when you get to where you're going. Otherwise, no harm done and just clean it up afterwards.
  • Options
    What Brad said to damage not being done. Pack an extra towel to wipe it down with after the trip is over there and back and call it a day. The most important part of protecting your bike is your driving and the people behind you! You'll be looking in the rearview mirror and giving drivers the stink eye to "stay away from your baby" more than anything else!