Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman North Carolina [Retired]
Options

2015 Beach to Battleship Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

Welcome to the Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    Tony Bentley, This will be my first full, I am from Middle Ga near Macon. My longest distance so far is an Olympic distance. I am looking forward to the race. My goal for the race is to finish but time wise, I am shooting for around 14hrs or under.
  • Options
    @Tony this will be my first full as well. I did the B2B half last year (First half). I'm not going to set a goal yet until I get further into the plan and complete the race rehearsals. I should have better idea then. Right now I just want to finish in one piece.
  • Options
    @John - come on, you have got to do it !!! @Tony and I need some more teammates. This course is awesome. We get the tide to make for a record fast swim, flat bike course with long stretch of highway, great support on the run course. Perfect seasonal temps (usually) so unlikely to overheat. The last few Chondrocytes in my left knee have declared that there will be no more cartilage to replace all that had been lost and being lost now, so this is my last chance before becoming a long distance aquavelo athlete and short course regular. Come hell or high water, I've got to get across that finish line.
  • Options
    Great news!!! Glad to hear the tide table swayed you our way. Now that we have overcome inertia with a nucleus of 3 teammates , it's time to build mass and EN mojo by recruiting others. Looking forward to the challenge in October.
  • Options
    @john sorry to hear the news. I wish you well at USAT long course nationals.
  • Options
    Robert and Tony, you may end up with a third EN member at the race. I'm just finishing my trial week and very seriously thinking of joining the team. I'm signed up for the IMNC full. Got my EN membership as a trial for signing up for the Rev 3 Cedar point 1/2 in September. I like what I see. I have only one half under my belt, so IMNC will be quite a challenge. My goal is just to be under 17 hours-hopefully with 7 hours for the run (most recent Mary was 4:03-so I hope that will give me some time to deal with whatever comes up on the course).
  • Options
    Duh, if I could read I would see that this says 2015 not 16. Sorry image