Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2016 IMWI Training July 18 - July 25

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good morning fellow IMWIer's! Lots of great mojo going on here! I haven't checked in for awhile as the job and family along with training has kept me with not a lot of time left. I'm sure a lot of you can relate!?? I've been getting about 12-13 hours of training in per week. Not nearly enough! Anyway, I am headed to Madison today for Wisconsin Brick Adventure for 45-minute swim tonight and tomorrow morning, 80-112 mile bike tomorrow, and 13-16 mile run on Sunday. I will check in with a weekend report, especially for all of you who are heading to Madison for camp week. It's supposed to be around 80 degrees this weekend, so it will be nice to escape the summer heat and humidity in St. Louis. Keep up the great work and good luck in training this weekend!!!
  • Options
    @Stephan... What kind of PM did you decide on?

@Brian... All that altitude training will show on race day.

@Kevin... You're right... Mojo is high around here. Can't wait to get to meet some of you in Wisconsin next week!

Been battling back from some fatigue this week.. But getting most stuff in. Monday I had to abbreviate the swim WO... Just did some recovery... And on Wednesday I got the new bike out for a test ride... More tooling around than work... But other than that I did pretty good with the plan. Yesterday I did the 2 hour run... Got 14 tough miles in. I didn't loosen up or even feel like I wanted to run until I was 5 miles in... Unusual for me... Guess it's the fatigue! I'm going to ditch today's run in favor of getting the bike setup tuned for tomorrow's long ride. I'll have to do it after I get out of work... So might be a little shorter than written... But as I'll have to ride with that beast from Texas next week... I may benefit from a little recovery image
  • Options
    @SS and Rich - not sure what all the TP stuff means, but I know a lot of work is being done.
    @Ed - looking forward to seeing that new bike next weekend. Nice ride!
    @ Kevin - enjoy Madison and the Wisconsin Brick Adventure
    @ Stephan - yeah, my run times suck these days too. Seems I'm stuck in a slow gear too. Although......

Starting last weekend, I've noticed my WO's seem to be getting easier and I'm experiencing fatigue. I hit all my numbers this week on the swim and bike. In fact, I felt as if I could raise my FTP. I ran Tuesday and did a pace that I haven't done in a long time. Yesterday's run I had to split between the morning and evening. While my pace was slow (9:50 morning and 9:40 evening), my body felt great the whole time, especially for the evening run. Maybe my body has adjusted to the increase in training.
  • Options

ok - first time checking in here in a few weeks, Going to be much more diligent about that from here on to race week. 

@Shaughn - don't ever think i;ve seen a PMC chart that is that flat at that high of a work load, insane - Mine must be messed up as it is showing my peak week at 127 and it previously had it at 145... odd...

Ok - this was my recovery week and I may have overdone it. 3x B&J ICTTs were performed and none of them were pretty 

back to the grindstone & diet this weekend. 

thanks all for the Kudos On LP, now i've got the pressure to bring a big game to IM Moo

• Options

Posted By Ed Eovino on 29 Jul 2016 09:48 AM

@Stephan... What kind of PM did you decide on?

Ed, just saw this,  Haven't been keeping up with the forums as well as my swimming.  I did bite the bullet and purchased the garmin pedals left side only.  It is working great, but I need to retest because it feels like my numbers are much different.