Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Chattanooga
Options

2016 IMCHOO Training Wk July 31 - Aug 7

There is a lot to go over this week but it is also a crazy week. Some of you are going to Coach Rich's Race Execution Camp on the Chattanooga course, if that is the case, you need to listen to everything he is telling you to do. 

If you are not doing the camp - you have multiple options - regular Week or do a mock camp yourself. Do you have questions about that? Either ask here or create your Micro Forum and chat with Coach P 

Below I am going to put some information that I left off last week as it can't hurt! Camp week is always a bit frazzled as some of you go some don't, etc. 

Things to Remember:

• Rest! Cumulative lack of recovery can impact race rehearsal - Can take a break Monday or Thursday if you need (If you're going to camp then this works out great as Thursday is your travel day)

• Workouts that are focused and require the most dedication:

Good interval bike

Good Interval run

Think at the start of this week.

• What do I need this weekend to get ready. Get your equipment dialed in.

• Pacing

• Get out there and JRA - 1 hour 1.5 then to steady pace

• Fueling plan

• Run - first three miles LRP plus 30” per mile. First three miles to settle in - mark the transition and take stock of how you feel

Someone asked about the Sweat Test Rules etc - here it is below: 

1) Weigh yourself nude right before a run.

2) Run at race pace for one hour, keeping track of how much you drink (in ounces) during the run.

3) After the run, strip down, towel off any sweat, and weigh yourself nude again.

4) Subtract your weight from your prerun weight and convert to ounces. Then add to that number however many ounces of liquid you consumed on your run. (For example, if you lost a pound and drank 16 ounces of fluid, your total fluid loss is 32 ounces.)

5) To determine how much you should be drinking about every 15 minutes, divide your hourly fluid loss by 4 (in the above example it would be 8 ounces).

6) Because the test only determines your sweat losses for the environmental conditions you run in that day, you should retest on another day when conditions are different to see how your sweat rate is affected. You should also redo the test during different seasons, in different environments (such as higher or lower altitudes), and as you become faster, since pace also affects your sweat rate.

P.S. Ya'll Rock - Now go out there and crush it!

Comments

• Options
    Mariah, will someone be setting up a GroupMe group this week for the Chattanooga camp?
  • Options

Did I miss an email or post about the camp?  I feel like I am a bit in the dark...  But, what's new...

Went out for a ride with a 65 year old multiple IRONMAN (LP and Kona) and before we left the parking lot she said, Your bars are too low.  No wonder your sore.  It's not the new bike, it is your position...  Hoping to get it adjusted prior to Chattanooga arrival on Wednesday.  If not, I will be searching for a bike shop there!

Wish this was a little less running around fixing things so I can pretend to look good on Friday and not embarrass myself!

• Options
    Mark, they didn't do a bike fit when you got the new bike?
  • Options

Not a proper fit...  Saddle position seems to be good, but the bars really seem to be very low, at least for me.  I was able to get a massage time tomorrow to get everything loosened up again.

Although living in this rural area of Pennsylvania is really nice, I haven't found a trip bike fit except several hours away near Philadelphia.  When I got into this sport it was for sprint length.  So, I have always read and tried to do a lot of the minor adjustments.  This new bike is really interesting in design and a bit intimidating to me.

• Options
    Check out TT Bike Fit - they do remote bike fits

http://members.endurancenation.us/Store/TeamDiscounts.aspx (scroll to almost the bottom)
  • Options
    @Mark, did you receive the e-mail from Coach Rich with Camp details/schedule? Also, I've heard a lot of good results from EN members who's used TT Bike Fit.
  • Options

Derek - No email re camp.  I am going to check out the TT Fit site this morning after swim.  Looking forward to riding in Chattanooga (without discomfort!).  See you later in the week.

• Options
    @Mark, send an e-mail to Coach Rich with Chattanooga Camp in the title. PM your e-mail to me and I'll send it to you.
  • Options
    Hey campers, do yall know when/where you will ride out from on Friday and Saturday? I might ride up (from Atl) and meet up to ride but with a wife due in a couple weeks (and 2 kids under 4 at home) I'm kinda afraid to ask. However, if I get the okay then I want to know where and when yall meet to ride so I can join. I'm thinking I have about a 30 % chance of actually pulling this off.......
  • Options

Chad - Should I call and ask if you can come out to play??    If I understand, 7AM Friday from Doubletree downtown for full ride.  Saturday there are three options - two from the hotel and one at the top of the look all at 7AM.  See ya, maybe.

• Options
    Mark, please do image I might join up if I can swing it but pretty sure my wife might laugh at me!
  • Options
    @Chad Happy Wife > bike ride image
  • Options

Amy, I think I might do the swim that you mentioned so it could be cool to meet you!

... I am about 5 hrs away and think i am going to make that weekend of this swim a cattanooga weekend for me and do all my workouts downthere. Hubby and kid might join me for the visit if they can which would be nice... but anyways will they post it on IM.com? or where about do i fine this info. I am not doing Camp.. can't afford it but wish i could go.

[One last thing, it looks like the Chattanooga Open Water Swimmers are going to host their 2.4 mile practice swim like they have done in the past on the IM swim course on 8/27. They said registration will be posted soon. I know it's the week after Camp but I think we have another long day scheduled for that day so I'll be doing it there in conjunction with the practice swim so if anyone else wants to join in that would be great!]

• Options

Hey all - Swam the course last night.  Really went well.  The flow was about what they said it has been for IM.  Took just under an hour to get there.  Other swimmers suggested staying wide.  Most head to shoreline according to them.  

On another unfortunate detail found this morning when I was wiping down my bike.  Front wheel looks like it was cracked!  Headed to a shop near the hotel in Chattanooga....  I hope it is just scratches!!  Just what I did not want at this point!

See some of you soon.

• Options

Anybody in town for camp yet?  I have been wandering about.  Neat town.

• Options
    I would like to know more about this Chattanooga open water swimmers group. I looked on their website. I may go join them for that swim and do my ride on part of the course also.
  • Options
    Have a great weekend at ChooCamp you guys & gals! I'm really looking forward to hearing details of the course and feedback from your weekend! Jumping in on the Choo Train soon. image
  • Options

Hey Kim, it would be great to meet that weekend. I'm getting a little nervous though that this may have been misinformation that was given in the Facebook forum because I haven't seen anything on the COWS website or Facebook about it. I'll keep checking and post something if I find it. I know Don wanted to get in on it as well.

• Options
    Hey everyone! I have located the registration for the 2.4 mile course practice swim on August 27. See link to register.

http://www.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=7975
  • Options
    I'm registered
  • Options

Thanks for the link above Amy.. others had heard of it too! Going to look at it now! 

• Options

Hi Amy and Don,

I will be registering too... will in this next week. I plan on doing my ride and run after the swim as well.. whatever the plan had us doing if you want to do it together let me know! My husband and kid will be coming with for the weekend so gonna make a little trip out of it. 

I am excited to test the river!