Homeβ€Ί Racing Forum πŸŽβ€Ί 140.6 Forumsβ€Ί Ironman Hawaii (Kona)
Options

Kona, Wk 13, Bike Focus Week

Team Kona,

I'll be heading up the weekly threads for our shared training in route to Kona. This week is wk13, as a bike focused week with some volume added to the weekend cycling.Β 

Today was my first ride on the new Ventum, full writeup coming soon as I sort out dialing in my fit, bottle placement, computer mount and other admin stuff. I think I'm going to register for the Cool Breeze Century out of Ventura this weekend, as it will be a good supported long ride test of the bike and my fit, allowing me to identify and sort things out as I go.Β 

Other than that, it's time to get back in the water post IMLP and I'm working myself up to 4-5x runs per week at whatever volume and intensity keeps my leg healthy...or at least doesn't make it any worse.

Please post your observations, successes, and challenges for the week!

Comments

• Options
    Hey everyone I will be posting on a separate thread about the Castelli Kit - we will need to move fast and will need 10 minimum, so be on the lookout for that today.

Also, I posted this blog https://www.endurancenation.us/blog/kona-results/how-endurance-nation-does-kona/ Last night - if any of you want to take advantage of gearing up for our Kona specific sponsors, or have questions, reach out to me. Would love to see you all help promote as well! They are going to be doing a lot for us on the island so we want to support as much as possible.
  • Options
    Things are supremely disordered for me. I'm still on-plan, but shuffled a lot of key sessions around last week to avoid the heat wave we endured, and I'm playing catch up here and there. (Although training in the heat will be something I'll look for in 7 weeks from now, I'm still trying to make sure that the key sessions are of the highest quality possible. In 105 degrees plus full humidity, it just ain't happening.)

Should lock back into the regular weekly pattern next week. Then a last big weekend to look forward to.

Mariah, the promos and sponsorships look amazing! Very exciting!