Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Arizona
Options

2016 IMAZ Intro & Roll Call

Hello AMAZING IM Arizona Racers!!!
WELL here we are! 13 weeks from the race! And I am PUMPED to join you on this journey as your Race Captain! Please know I am HERE FOR YOU. So if you have questions, comments, concerns, need some venting time- whatever! SEND IT MY WAY! Next week we will start weekly training threads but before we do that, I want to get some of the administrative homework out of the way.

View, Share, Read etc our IM Arizona landing page: HERE

Check out the IM Arizona Master Racing Page: HERE

On Social Media? Follow, Share, Spread the word about training with EN using #EN4Keys and tagging us on all platforms:

Twitter - @teamen ---- Instagram - @teamendurancenation ------ Facebook - www.facebook.com/endurancenation

Use email friend@endurancenation.us to get a friend to train with you and EN (they get 30 days FREE and you can earn referral bonuses)

Nudge all current EN members that you know are racing IM Arizona to chime in on the weekly forums

Check the box to follow the entire IM Arizona forum so you don't miss a single announcement

Friend me on Facebook so that I can tag you in pictures and race recaps the week after your race on the EN page

Your training hashtag is #EN4Keys and of course tag us if you wish, let’s tell the world!

Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics, tune up that bike, stretch out those legs and prepare that mental game and order the nutrition you need because we are about to dive head first into EN training.
Starting next Sunday night I will post the weekly forum with the training dates, some mojo, advice, admin notices and general EN awesomeness. Whether you're a veteran EN member or newbie, this is the magic of training with the team. We will keep each other motivated, have a place to talk about our daily training ups and downs, get questions answered, answer fellow teammates questions and make some friends along the way. The more everyone participates the more everyone will crush this race the Endurance Nation way!
If you have any questions about race weekend, Endurance Nation, whatever it is------I your trusty Race Captain extraordinaire will be here to answer any and all you can throw at me- just send me a message or post it here!!
I'm sure I have left some things out but no need to worry, we have plenty of time to IRON (see what I did there) all that out before race week.
On your mark.... get set.... GO!

Comments

• Options
    Sweet! Can't wait for the forum mojo.
  • Options
    woo hoo! Gotta make it through IMWI but definitely looking forward to a hometown race for a change!
  • Options
    Thanks Mariah! Looking forward to the mojo

@Michael-I'm in Scottsdale too! Truly impressed you are training long for a September IM in this heat and monsoon humidity
  • Options
    LOL seeing this post the first day post IMMT.

• Options
    Let's get this party started. Sure can use the MOJO to keep me moving forward.
  • Options
    Oh man, this is going to rock. Stoked to see the energy.
  • Options
    @ Betsy - awesome to know there's another EN'r nearby! Two years in a row that I've trained for a Sept IM and I think it only gets harder, haha. I'm actually get excited to see the temps finally dipping below 90 degrees in the middle of the night! Also, I'm always looking for people to OWS with, so let me know if you have any plans in the near future!
  • Options

Excited to be racing in November when it could be snowing in Michigan!  My challenge is going to be getting in the long bike rides in my chilly climate.  Looking forward to connecting with everyone!

Mike

• Options

Looking forward in meeting new friends and seeing old acquaintances once again. This will be full of firsts and lasts for me.

• Options
    So excited to be training and racing with such an experienced group of ENers. Hoping to share in the MOJO. @Micheal and @Betsy, not on the East side of town but would love to share in the training rides/OWS.
  • Options

@Gary and Michael-first Beeline ride of the 2016 season today, 58 miles.  The shoulder was amazingly debris free for this time of the year-no flats.  The wind was burtal after the first hour-a la IMAZ 2014

• Options
    @Betsy - Way to get it in today (and agree the wind was wicked!) and glad it's starting to cool down a bit.Also good to hear beeline is finally clear--I'm excited to get over there and start riding the course. I've been doing lots of hills up in N. Scottsdale preparing for IMWI.

Keep up the mojo everybody!! IMAZ 2016 is going to be AWESOME for us EN'ers!
  • Options
    Hi Gang... I'm off Maintenance mode and back as a full time member.  I'm racing IMAZ 2016, but first I have at little race on Sept 25 @ IMCHOO.  I needed a break from Nov 2015 until May 2016 since I had raced 5 IMs in 14 months.  I started training again in May 2016 and feel pretty good.  I won my AG in a couple of local OLYs,  and at the 2016  Racine HIM I qualified for the 2017 70.3 World Championships.  I had a bike crash 4 weeks ago but nothing broken, just bad bruising on my left hip and shoulder + the usual road rash.  I had a really good weekend of training over the Labor Day holiday and feel like I'm getting in IM race shape.  Looking forward to participating in the forums again and seeing everyone in Tempe.
  • Options
    Bruce-welcome to the IMAZ group! You are too amazing-all you've done since coming off your break. I'm hoping you treat your ' little' race in September as a long practice day, and then show up in Arizona ready to show us all how to 'crush' it. Knowing you though, you probably will have already KQd in Choo!
    Anyway, look forward to following you in our forums
  • Options
    I'm a little late to the intro thread. I'll also be racing IMAZ this year. Look forward to meeting everyone!