Homeβ€Ί Racing Forum 🏎
Options

Race Week- Heavy Legs

HIM this Sunday, legs have started to feel heavy past 2 days...driving all day Thursday to NOLA. I have done the workouts exactly...anything to do different or not worry about it ?????

Comments

• Options

Β Are you on a taper or training straight through? I generally fell like crap the first few days of taper and as the body repairs itself....by race week feel like a million bucks.

• Options
    Heavy legs is very common for me on a significant taper. A lot of things feel tired. Then, as Hayes, says, better.
  • Options

See how it goes, and use it as a learning experience. If not recovered by Sat., which IΒ think you will be, build in some more time in the taper next time. The plans don't know our bodies, and it's in these places that we learn to self-coach.. Through experience here over the years and our bodies' responses is how we refine this training and and dial it in. Let us know what you think in the end! All the best in the race. We'll be cheering!

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback and yes I'm tapering. NOLA is my A race this year. Hoping everything feels great by Sunday !
  • Options

William

If it makes you feel better, I have felt a little heavy-legged myself the last few days.Β  Last year though, prior to my Rhode Island 70.3, I had the same thing (I guess it is just part of the taper) and come race day I felt like a pinned up horse...meaning, when the gun went off, I was ready to rock!Β  My guess is when you hop into the water tomorrow for your swim reacon and and your last little bike ride you will knock off the dust and you'll be ready to go...that's what I am hoping I feel as well!

Good news - forecast is now 79/61 with only a 20% chance of rain...so, we're all set for an awesome day!

Bring it on NOLA!

• Options

Normal feeling, just take it easy and as stephen say come race day you will be ready to rock it.

• Options
    yeah, feel free to do nothing thurs and friday, light get loose stuff on sat and then rock it. keep us posted!
  • Options
    NOLA Peeps, keep an eye out for the humidity - it's BRUTAL out there. You'll cook yourself if you don't hydrate!!!