Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

2017 resolutions

Hi guys, in the wake of the "holiday weight loss challenge", and watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL5jKptjIQw&t=37s

Scary statistic:  95% of those who make a resolution on jan1st give it up  by jan 15th...

I thought I would create this thread as a tool for all wishing to put out their resolutions/goals for 2017, and hold each other accountable. Remember that a goal without a plan is just a wish, so let us know your goals and the plan that goes with it

Feel free to join in...

Comments

• Options
    My athletic goals for 2017:

1- get back to the "less than 10% body fat" club (around 55kgs)
    plan: incorporate 1 fasting day every week + 2 or 3 longer fasting periods thought the year, change my relation with food, cut back a lot on carbs (experience with keto), use smaller plates/portions, focus on nutrient dense food+ use the 2nd round of the "holiday weight loss challenge"

2- get in the 4Watts/kg club (linked to goals #1)
    plan: get FTP to 220watts (my 2016 FTP) or higher using EN Z4-Z5 bike sessions while getting my weight down to 55kg

3- stay injury free:
    plan: incorporate smart weight lifting sessions and core work + 2-3 sessions of yoga/stretching per week
  • Options
    my goals are very simple - to show up at IMLP with no excuses, what does that mean -
    1-I did the training
    2-I honored my training self by getting my body comp to where it should be well in time before the race
    3-Achieving this goal is about training consistency at the right levels of SBR on a daily and weekly basis

It's all about commitment!
  • Options
    Buy less stuff.

Keep to the plan.
  • Options
    Athletic :

1) Be able to maintain my race weight to a regular weight;
    2) Put as much focus on the bike that I had put on the run last;
    3) learn to swim with a wetsuit and be able to transfer pool time into OWS - an easy 15' there.

Personnal:

1) Stay focus on multiple goals and make wise moves to get to it
    2) Family focus
    3) keep hating the stupid cat
  • Options
    @Francis - you shouldn't need a reminder to hate a cat.. 
  • Options

My resolution this year is to not slow down and stay injury free. The plan:

• Continue lifting weights (started again in November) and stretching
    • Make sure I'm recovering well between hard workouts
    • Make sure I hit all the high priority workouts and do them well

Race goals, finish the Alaskaman Extreme Triathlon, hopefully with a smile on my face. The plan:

• See resolution #1
    • Ask questions in the forums as necessary since this is my first extreme tri and I'm not sure that the standard IM plans cover everything for these
    • Incorporate trail running and stair stepping with a backpack to prepare for the run
  • Options
    @ Mark - having done a couple of extreme climbing races last year (Breakneck point Trail Half Mary 5000' of climbing) and the Sea2Summit Triathlon, i can attest that your muscles will work differently. The idea of doing stair stepping with a backpack is a smart one. Maybe start a thread in the ultra or epic forums on this. I think there are a few in the haus that now have this experience that should be helpful (Noyes, Dino, Cronk, Myself & more)