Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida

2017 IM Florida- Week 14- Running and Check in

Week 14- Run Focus Week

Alrighty folks- how ya’ll doin?!? Let’s all check in and hear how things are going! Things are certainly ramping up, CTLs goin up. Let's touch base this week.

So the coaches declared this a “Run Focus Week”.  What that means is if possible, aim for a few more than your "typical" week by either inserting another run day or adding a small amount to every run you do.   HOWEVER- This is entirely optional, it simply plays into their separate build / taper approach for managing fitness by discipline across your Race Prep phase.

In saying that, as we start the week- check in with yourself.  How are you feeling? How’s your body handling the training stress? Make sure to watch this weeks videos- LOTS of important information about the critical volume push and where to put the long run in the final weeks.  (Located on the right side of your Training Plan page).

There is some EXTREMELY important and valuable information about smart training.

Alright Florida Crew-Make sure to post in the forum or social media so we can see your hard work this week.  Make sure to tag EN and friend  your teammates (and me, if you haven’t done so already!!!)  This is hands down going to be an awesome group of EN'rs and I can't wait for you to crush it. Go out there and make us proud!

*** SPONSOR OF THE WEEK:  Roka- Check out this AWESOME gear!

We are honored to have the opportunity to support Endurance Nation

T-EndurNat-25 This will give you 25% off on swim products, such as wetsuits, swimskins, swimwear, and swim equipment. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-RUN20 This will give you 20% off run products. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-CYCLE20 This will give you 20% off non closeout cycling products. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-SG20 This will give you 20% off sunglasses. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-TRI20 This will give you 20% off triathlon apparel. It is valid through the end of the year.
Tagged:

Comments

• Week 14 Check in:
    Swim:Training going fairly well, got all swims/intervals in. Fridays 4000 was a little slower than I had hoped.

Bike: New bike this year with a good bike fit. Bike training went well. Zn4 work a little low at .93-.94ish, drops every year in the Ironman build.

Run: Only got in 4 run sessions, however, extended the Thurs run to 120',and the Sun run to 75'.

Looking forward to camp week, for me completing camp week is a big confidence boost.
  • Hi Laura 

Do you if anyone is doing practice workout on the FL course this week as part of camp week?

Jose Carpio
    804-852-9340
  • Hey Jose, Not going to do camp in Florida, but my area code is 804 too. Doing my camp on the Capitol Trail.
  • Hi Jose,
    Not sure if anyone is doing practice in FL this week- but I'll throw it out there in this week's thread!
  • Hi Mark,

I live out in Midlothian VA. Most likely Im going to drive myself crazy going in circles at the Cap-One loop on west creek pkwy. What are your plans for the Fri-Sun weekend? Are you doing Cap trail on Friday ? Where are you going to do your swim that morning? Feel free to call me maybe we can get together for these workouts.

Jose Carpio

804-852-9340

• Jose, I'll swim at American Family in Col. Heights early Fri., get on the Cap trail at Rt5&295. Probably get to the trail 8ish. Don't know where you swim, but we could ride together, I'm not the fastest, but if this is your 1st IMFLA, I've done it 2X-share what I know.
  • Work and more work at the end of this week forced me to push the race rehearsal and the day after ride and run to Monday and Tuesday.  Both went pretty well.  My swim was a 1:18, bike for 6 hours was 98 miles (that was a PR from 96 miles) and I was able to finish my run in 57 mins.  I fell asleep under a tree for about 20 minutes after stretching :)  My second day ride had a time limit of 4 hours and I followed with the 30 minute run.  I felt tired on this ride, but finished strong.  Continuing on with camp week with my first RR in the books :)
  • Hello Mark,
    I have never ridden on the cap to cap trail. Would love to join you tomorrow. Give me a call to discuss. 

Would like to know exactly where to meet. I see there is a park next to the intersection of 5/ 295. 

You indicated you'll be there around 8am.. correct?

How are you refilling on water? Plan on stopping somewhere to purchase additnal water/mix?

Jose Carpio
    804-852-9340
  • Hello everyone...

A big thanks to Mark for letting me tag along with his Friday camp week work out. We had a great time on the cap to cap tral. Following. Our pool swims we had a nice pace ride. My first road flat in 30 yrs (yup
    first
    ever) of cycling delayed us a bit, but we finish with almost 100 miles for the day and wrapped it up with a 6 mile run. For Sat I had to get an early start but managed to put in 70 miles and the 30 min run. The long run today was a bit strange for the first 3 miles. My HR was elevated and forced me to run 12 min miles, by mile 4 I was back in what I would consider a normal groove of 10 min pace at low TrP, followed by the next 4 miles at low Z2  dropped to a 9 min pace and pushed the last 2 miles at low Z3 to 8 min pace (cool 54F  this morning in Richmond). Hope you all had a great csmp
    week.
  • My race rehearsal events went very well too.  The bike was just under 100 miles in just under 5 hours.  Ran for 20 minutes at just under an 8:30 min/mile pace.  I swam 4K yards the day before as 8 x 500 yards, all on a 1:41 per 100 yards +/- a second or two.  Not fast, but consistent!  Feeling pretty good!