Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IMLV 2018 Super Sherpa Thread

edited October 12, 2017 2:44PM in Ironman Louisville
Starting a thread to keep everyone informed since I stepped into the Super Sherpa roll when @Trent Prough had to step aside, I hope Trent is going great!

I will edit this first post accordingly as we make plans, but this should help people keep abreast of team events. I am not arriving until Thursday evening, so if you would like to do any team gatherings prior to Friday, LMK & I will post here.

Please feel free to make suggestions to timing of events, etc.. 
once someone checks in with the Y, we can slot in a pool swim on Friday or Saturday. 

Google Sign up sheet for events is located here

FRIDAY
11:00 AM - Drive the Course, Hoff & @Brian Smith  - room for 1-2 others
  2:00 PM Team Coffee - Please and Thank You, 252 East Market Street
               (may move ^^this^^ back an hour to allow us to watch Coach P on FB life at Breakfast with Bob)
  5:30 PM - Cars depart for Kellie's house. (I will toss up an email with ideas for rides based on the sign up sheets)
  6:00 PM - Dinner at @Kellie Moran-Jones' Home

SATURDAY
8 - 10 AM - Ironman Practice swim located at Swim Exit near Transition - alternative to swim at the Y or skip swim
9:00 AM - Team Breakfast Wild Eggs - 121 South Floyd Street - does this need to be later to accommodate swimmers?
1:30-4 PM - Team Hydration Session - feet up, Q&A among those who have done this race, and veteran/ newbie info exchange,
                - Streaming Kona on @Brian Hagan's room TV or in the lobby of his hotel (Residence Inn)
                - Q&A on how to Zwift!
                - other awesome topics at your suggestion

SUNDAY
5:15 AM - Transition opens
6:00 AM - Team pic? Feasible with the lineup?
7:30 AM - race Starts
10-12 PM - Team Drinks - Location TBD (any suggestions on 4th Street live?)
               - note EN / @Coach Patrick  - has staked us with some Cashola for the first round!!!

MONDAY
7:30 AM - Team Breakfast?? (MUST be done by 8:45 to get a table at awards)
Toast on Market - 620 East Market Street (Open to other suggestions) may switch back to Wild Eggs due to closer proximity to awards below
9:30 AM - Awards Ceremony - South Great Lawn (near transition?) 
nothing is a foregone conclusion, but should we pony up and win the team Trophy for our division, I will need people to vote on a recipient of the "game ball"
(arrive by 9:15) 1st person there, get a table and announce on group me
11:00 AM - KONA Slot Allocation

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    @Scott Dinhofer, thanks for taking lead on this! You da' man!
  • Options
    @Jeff Kane - thanks for the kudos... 
    Posting the schedule ^^up there^^ as I'd really like to get thoughts/feedback/ suggestions on timing, events & places from anyone on the team. If you have anything you want to attend that conflicts with this (pro panel) etc.. I'd love to hear about it. Maybe it will make a great team event? or maybe we can shift things around to accommodate... 

Goal is to build further off the course mojo to give us all the mojo we can muster for each other on race day!. 
  • Options
    perfect schedule.

On my side I'll probably ride part of the bike course on Thursday with @Brian Hagan

As for Saturday, we just need to keep enough time for the bike & bag check in which is between 12pm -17h

Since I know nothing about this city, I am fine with all suggestions concerning breakfast, coffee etc

• Options
    for bike check in, i am likely to go later than earlier.. big lines if you go early usually.. 
  • Options
    Thanks for doing this @Scott Dinhofer.  I think the schedule should work for me.

If I arrive early enough I'll ride part of the bike course Thursday late afternoon. Would like to ride one loop. Friday morning I'm planning to do a ~30' swim (YMCA) and 20-30' run (and 30-40' bike if I don't ride Thursday). 

• Options
    For those riding on Thursday I'd suggest parking in La Grange; there's public parking at the northwest corner of 146 and 53

Here's a route that covers Ballard School Rd, Yager Ln, and L'esprit Pkwy.  You can always add to this by continuing on Rt. 42 to either 53 and then heading south; or going to 393 for one complete loop of the course
    https://www.strava.com/routes/6538075

• Options
    @Scott Dinhofer thanks so much!!  I may be kicking back watching Kona coverage on Saturday at noon.  I will bring HDMI cable to hook up my laptop to the TV in my room.  I have a Residence Inn room, so I will have a living room if anyone wants to join.  As Francis mentioned, we will ride the loop section of the course on Thursday.  I also want to drive the whole route.  The groupme should be up by then, so we will let everyone know the logistics if anyone want to join.  Thanks @paul Curtin for the parking tip an route!

I would also like to do the YMCA swim on Friday that @Sabra Gonzalez was checking on.  I am taking Coach P's recommendation not to do the practice swim on Saturday, but I will be there for breakfast!
  • Options
    I'll be down with any course recon rides on Thursday - I don't see myself doing the loop, but if there's a group heading out, I'll join on some of the high points of the course.  
  • Options
    Just changed my reservation ... now arriving on Wednesday
  • Options
    @scottdinhofer, sure are hoping that you would consider going to the Awards ceremony - see if our team wins the Triclub award and if any of our peeps get on the podium it would be nice to be there. 
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick - since this was supposed to be a KQ attempt (I am not feeling it now) I factored awards into my internal plan (and my flight home!) Added to the schedule above!!! Hopefully a bunch of the team can make it!
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the wheel @Scott Dinhofer! Much appreciated. I'll be arriving in Louisville mid-morning on Friday. Plan on going to check-in and getting settled at the hotel. Will probably go for a leg shakeout run Friday afternoon and then dinner @Kellie Moran-Jones. Saturday will be chillaxing at the hotel. Once the GroupMe goes live, communication will be a lot easier. Safe travels everyone and we'll see you down by the river!

• Options
    is there anyone with a car who will be driving the course on Friday?? I'd like to recon the new section (no riding, just recon)
    if no one pops up, i may rent a car for a few hours if anyone is interested in joining. 

• Options
    I will be able to drive the course on Friday. One in the front and we can squeeze 3 in the back. I am at the Galt so easy access if you have to come by the expo as a meeting point. 

Wife flies in at 5 so I have to go pick her up and will not be able to make dinner. 
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer
    Thanks for starting this!
    We will be coming into town on Thursday and will look to meet up with everyone for the dinner on Friday.  Not sure what the day will be....either ride the course or just take a drive.  Assume those that are going out are going to do the La Grange loop as the key part to have a look at.
    I just loaded my BBS data into my garmin...not 100% sure if it actually works so will make sure to be someone on course to make sure it picks it up.
    Look forward to meeting everyone this week.
  • Options
    @Dawn Cass - how many "segments" is your BBS data? I think mine is roughly 160... so I am just going with some power zones for flat, uphill, downhill... I may load the BBS stuff for kicks.. 
  • Options
    mine has 260.. too much, I will not load it for the race as I will get crazy with all those beeps 
  • Options
    well  my plans to road anything went to hell today, went out for a quick spin on the road bike and the computer /light mount snapped off on a bumpy section of road, it fell into the traffic lane on a quiet road and a car game by and drove over my Garmin 520... New computer on the way.. 

• Options
    Dang Scott, I hope you get the new one in time ... although Tim C would probably say to just race by RPE
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer
    Mine shows 200 segments.....but that's just what it spit out.  I am a newbie on this one...is there a way to tell it how many you want.  Sorry to hear about your bike computer!  Are you able to get another one in time?  @Francis Picard
    Is there a way you can turn off beeps?  I had in mind to have it on the screen quietly and use it when I wanted to...but basically another data field to reference.
  • Options
    @scott Dinhofer that sucks!  At least you have a new one on the way.

@Dawn Cass I do not remember mine beeping when I trialed it on my RR.  If it did, I did not notice.  I am going to test it Thursday.
  • Options
    Dang Scott, I hope you get the new one in time ... although Tim C would probably say to just race by RPE
    I don't think Tim would say THAT.. 
    this is why i usually wear my 920 as a backuup duriing races!

have the new Wahoo Elmnt bolt showing up tomorrow.. 
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer

Still in for the course drive tomorrow at 11?  Anyone else care to join?  If so we can all meet at my hotel or another and I can pick you up...let me know.  

Going to go for a short run down to the swim part early tomorrow if anyone is interested as well.