Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Luke Wilson Micro Thread

Been a quiet EN member off and on for years and still not sure how this works but will give it a try.  'Camp' weekend coming up but only have the weekend off from work.  Read the Coach's alternative strategies for those of us without the full time off but I wanted to ask about just moving the Fri/Sat/Sun camp workouts to Sat/Sun/Mon?  That would 'just' mean running 2hrs Monday morning before work?  How's that plan?  From there I'd take Tues off with an easy swim/spin on Wed and be back to normal on Thursday.  Is that ok or will it be more damaging to my downstream workouts?  Thanks in advance.  Luke
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hi Luke!  

Jenn Edwards here. Coach P has asked a few of our Wicked Smart Members to cover the Coaches Thread while he is in Kona kicking butt and taking names.  ;) 

Nice to see you on the forums and fantastic that you've read the strategies for adjusting the plan. The camp weekends are really great fitness (and character!) builders.   Sat/Sun/Mon is a good alternative and two hours before work on the run is good.  Tuesday off absolutely and based on how the swim/spin on Wednesday goes, consider dialing back Thursday as well. Your goal is to be be firing on all cylinders by Friday.  Prioritize recovery to be able to do so vs. pushing through sub-par workouts on Wednesday/Thursday and STILL not being recovered by Friday.  You'll need to listen to your body a bit as camp week impacts everyone a little differently.

Hope that helps and don't hesitate to reach out should you need additional guidance.  

Cheers! - Jenn
  • Options
    @Luke Wilson I hope that helped!!! Please be sure to say THANKS!!! to @Jenn Edwards for the help...it makes the Team go 'round! :)