Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2018 Rev3 Quassy Welcome and Introductory Thread

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc! and

Do not forget to check out the Half Ironman Race Page, your one stop shop for all things, dates, actions and resources related to your big race. From there you’ll be able to find all of the relevant resources, get critical dates, find out how to connect with the Team and much, much more.

If you need additional support, please let us know using the support tab on the right side of the page.

I have the following people listed as racing. If your name is not listed, please comment below to me @Brenda Ross so I am tagged and I can add you to my list. Same is true if you are listed and are NO LONGER intending to race.

@Cory Metler 
@Leslie Schneider 
@Andrew Lustigman 
@Eric DePoto
@Woody Freese 
@Jubal Dais
@Michelle Swanson 
@ Mary Russo
@Bill Schleining

Thanks folks

Comments

• Options
    @Brenda Rods, I am registered to race and hope to be fully recovered post meniscus surgery (3/23).
  • Options
    Hi There,  Thanks Brenda.   I am doing Quassy as a training race-(week 11 training plan for IMLP.  Once we get rid of the snow I look forward to getting in some rides on the course.  I am hoping there is a pre ride course day organized by race organizers as was done in the past. However, I have not done this race for two years and am unsure if they still have pre rides.  I would be interested in doing a EN group ride!  

Cheers,
    Michelle
  • Options
    Looking forward to this pre IMLP conditioning race. Have had a few friends do the 70.3 and say “ this 70.3 will test you more than IMLP”. Going into the race knowing it will Ben challenging, but looking forward to the challenge. 
  • Options
    Is anyone planning on riding the Quassy course?
    I'd like to ride it but can't make the Pre ride date.  
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2018 6:56PM
    @Brenda Ross  I will be doing the half.

All note- Rev3 race director announced on April 26th some course changes to the Half distance.

Slight change to the bike- route does not go all the way into Thomaston- avoiding the crossing of main roads. Instead, turns left/north off of rt 109 before town, onto a smaller road- Old Northfields Rd., then up to connect with Rt. 254/Northfield Rd.  Because it does not go all the way down into Thomaston, there's looks to be a bit less (200') of hill climbing. Total bike course will be 54.5 miles.

Run course is a major change. The first big loop around the lake (that was relatively flat/rolling) is gone. Instead the loop that had been the 2nd half of the run course will be run twice. That's the loop that's all ups and downs- that now all need to be run twice.

New maps are on the Rev3 site at  http://rev3tri.com/quassy/course-maps
  • Options
    Is anyone interested in riding the course Saturday May 12th?
  • Options
    @Brenda Ross I’ll be racing Quassy again this year. 

@Bill Schleining Thanks for the course update. Can’t say I’m very thrilled to hear about the run change...
  • Options
    Very disappointed to hear about the run change.  This will be my third time doing the Quassy half and I thought it was already brutal.  Ugh!  I’m using it as a test race leading up to IMLP.  I look forward to seeing you all there.