Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Hawaii (Kona)
Options

Forgot on mainland - loaner from Kona-bound ENers?

I knew I forgot something when I was packing: I’m on the Big Island, but totally forgot to bring my standard-issue German run pacer with me. does someone have an extra they can lend me?

ideally he (it’s always a he) will ride beside me on a cruiser 24/7 wherever I go, but its critical that he’s with me speaking German when I’m running my 6min miles* along alii. He must be German AND NEVER SMILE. This last part is very important. He cannot ever smile.

He should also always wear Oakleys.

Everyone already seems to have one here, but I’m a little sheepish to ask to borrow one. @Mariah Bridges - do we have a sponsor hookup?

*i cannot run 6min miles.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@Dave Tallo I'd lend you my German, but I need him in Minnesota for the next few weeks. It's hard eating Recreational Sugar in Zone 5 without him close by barking about taking more Strueusel in German... He's already helped me up my Schokokuss game and we'll be cycling through Streuselkuchen and Pinzregententorte next...

• Options
    edited October 4, 2018 2:52PM

I have an MTB & travel bag that it will fit in as well as a German last name! (we paid good $ for the name in the 1870s!) what are you offering your pacer @Dave Tallo ?

caution, this one comes with a level of sarcasm that is often confused for obnoxious cynicism

• Options

Oh, Scott ... it should come across more as amusement with it now being a “thing.” Like compression Sox or walking around the Safeway in a speedo and tank top.

Saw nine uniques today! And still no smiling.