Homeโ€บ Announcements ๐ŸŽ™
Options

Run Durabilty 2 question

Question about Run Durability 2:

On Saturdays, it's showing ABP Bike + Run. Does it matter what order these are done it? Should it always be a brick or can it be a reverse brick or completely separate.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@Janyne Kizer , I always do them after the bike, just because Im then warmed up for a run, plus its better for me to get out on the bike early as possible.

I think there is an argument that doing the run first means you are fresh & therefore I guess prioritising the run which makes sense. I think so long as you get the run done (as this is high priority) it doesn't really matter when, separate, before or after. If you were to drop 1 wko that day it would be the bike as this is medium priority.

• Options

Thanks! This time of year, I'd wait for the it to warm up a bit before riding (

• Options

@Janyne Kizer - as much as I'd like to get these dun back to back, i often do the bike early AM when it's dark and try to run in the afternoon which then gets pushed to night, when it is again dark.

The danger of doing the run before the bike is that you are stressing your legs before an interval workout. I Love doing a 2-3 mile run before a 5 hr saturday ride during race prep phase, but those are lower intensity runs before a lower intensity ride. For bike intervals, we want to give it our all.

• Options

Thanks, @scott dinhofer . Right now, I am doing run durability in advance of marathon training so the bike is not the focus. That being said, what you wrote makes a lot of sense for when intervals enter the picture.

• Options

@scott dinhofer , that's good advice. I have difficulty working out in the late afternoons/ early evenings for a couple of reasons: 1) job; 2) kids; 3) when I work out after 3 pm or so it negatively impacts my ability to sleep at night. Thus, most of working out is early in the morning. Since I'm in RDP now, I have been doing the run first so my legs are fresh and then follow with the bike, which like @KARL BONNER said is less of a priority.