Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Barbara Feinstein's Micro Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    @Coach Patrick @Brenda Ross
    I've been using Final Surge for my workouts and have loaded the 12 week advanced Short Course plan ending 8/12/18. I also have the same plan loaded on the EN website. I thought the workouts would be the same, but they're not. Is this a glitch? If not, is there a reason I should follow one over the other? I really like the Final Surge website for it's ability to easily update the workout with automatic updates from my Garmin and add comments, etc. I also like the workouts I'm seeing on Final Surge. I'd appreciate your guidance regarding which plan I am best off following.

Thanks!
    Barbara
  • Options
    @Barbara Feinstein

Welcome to your THIRD MONTH  inside Endurance Nation!

This month we focus on helping you become more independent as part of your growth as a Self-Coached Athlete.  Whether you are planning your season, preparing to race or transitioning to a new endurance challenge...Team Endurance Nation is ready to help!

If you haven’t done so already, please set up your Month Three Coach Call here.

** Training Focus **

We consider anytime in your season when you are more than 12 weeks away from your event to be a training focus. There are different phases of training (OutSeason®, General Prep, Sport Specific), but they are fall under the same umbrella.

Now that you are through your first two months of Endurance Nation, You have learned a few key “rules” of how we play the game, and you are ready to take charge of your experience.

Training Lesson Recap:

• No single workout is more important than your health, or your season goal.

• Prioritize your “key” workouts each week, then fill the rest of your space.

• We can always fix over rested. We can’t fix broken, exhausted or sick.

• Have a specific goal for each training block - what is the desired end state?

Taking Charge:

• You should be comfortable moving your own workouts around at this point.

• You can change plan ability levels as needed to keep yourself on track.

• You can use the Test Week at any time to confirm a fitness change.

• If you want to take a different path that we suggest...do it and keep us posted!

** Racing Focus **

Once you are within the final 12 week window to your event, it’s time to really focus. From key workouts to nutrition to logistics, there’s a great deal to cover. There’s a fine line between a great day and a day where you want a total do-over.

Key components of your final push should include:

• Simulation Workouts to replicate the mental, physical and nutritional scenario you expect on race day.

• A tried and true nutrition plan for your event; this is your last chance to lock it in!

• Draft and review of a Race Plan to make sure you are 100% ready to take this on.

• Optional rest as needed, and a defined taper in the last two to three weeks as necessary.

• 13 Weeks out from your race you should be getting a race preparation email and an invitation to GroupMe - if you haven’t gotten that yet - let us know!

** Additional Support **

In addition to The Forums and other Team-related support, you still have the chance to connect with Coach Patrick across your first year. Right now it’s time for your three month call with Coach Patrick; and you can book it here.

Tip: Find all your other call windows across your first year, please visit the EN Staff page.

Be sure to check out our Three Year Plan in Resources / Wiki so you can see how we recommend improving from season to season.

Coach Phone Consults

If you are looking for support above and beyond the traditional Endurance Nation experience, you can book a consult with Coach Patrick. These are billed at $100/hour and Can be on almost any training or racing topic. Please click here to learn more / get started.

Congratulations for moving forward with you training as you build to your race goals. We can’t wait to see what you are capable of this season!

~ Team EN

• Options
    @Barbara Feinstein this happened to me as well, and it was because I had not select the right end date for the final surge account. I thought I had but when I went back in it was not the same. I suggest you confirm that the end date on both accounts is indeed the same and if that is the case you still have different workouts let us know.
  • Options

@Brenda Ross Thanks for the phone message today about me logging in to EN. You noticed that I had lots of bike (indoor) workouts and some walking. Yes, I am injured - currently recovering from Left Shoulder Biceps Tenodesis Surgery that was on 10/9. It also included shaving bone on my clavicle and acromium. I had the same basic surgery on my right shoulder 12/17/17. Unfortunately, this one is taking longer to heal - just started PT and am in a sling for another 2+ weeks. Had an additional complication of an allergic reaction to the adhesive on the surgical drape that badly burned my skin under my arm and on the back of my arm, so I can't even get into a pool until those are more healed. So, what does a crazed triathlete do? Whatever I can while wearing a sling and protecting the repair. Indoor biking is helping although I can't get down low and can only lean on one arm. I've done some longer walks outside, but am having some issues with my left knee and foot, which will get addressed if needed once my shoulder is better under control. I am already planning next season, including Sprint Worlds in Switzerland, so the plan is to be back in full shape as quickly as possible.

• Options

Your perseverance is a fantastic role model for us all. Undergoing that second shoulder surgery is no small feat especially considering that you went in with eyes wide open. I am impressed with your focus, and can’t wait to work with you to get back to full strength soon!