Home General Training Discussions
Options

Problems with Powertap down load

I'm having a lot of issues with downloading from my powertap into WKO+. It's connected to the right port, but when I start downloading it just seems to do nothing for minutes on end (no records being downloaded), in the end I often get impatient and hit the start downloading button again and then it tells me it has aborted. Ususally I get it done in the end, but it seems to take a long time and a lot of connecting etc. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    sounds like you are being impatient. Once you hit the start download you just have to wait. Anytime I have tried to speed up the process it has been counter productive.
  • Options

How long from pressing the button does it take? Mine doesn't seem to do anything for minutes.......the Forerunner I have downloads pretty much instantly......

• Options

it is usually almost instant but sometimes it seems to freeze up.  when it does you just have to wait until it either fails or starts.  I have not found any way to hasten the process.  

• Options

I download into power agent and then export to wko's file location. I never could get wko and my power tap to play nice. This also provides a backup location for my data. 

• Options

Make sure that the PT computer is turned on and says "Host" in the display before you try and download the data.  If not, WKO will sit there and eventually time out.

• Options

Download into PowerAgent first then export to Wko.

• Options

Thanks, looks like I've got to learn about Poweragent or just be more patient!