Homeโ€บ General Training Discussions
Options

Member Led Camps - Why do one? Why NOT?!!!!

You may have noticed the member led camps that have been going on. The recently completed Moab Camp, The upcoming Al T'tude camp run by @Al Truscott and the upcoming Camp Hoff to be run by yours truly.

What's great about these camps is that you do a dedicated amount of training with a good group of like minded people in a very cool place. The camp itself will boost your fitness. The people usually include some WSMs (Wicked Smart Members) and the friendships, well to be honest, some of my best friends I met when I did my first Al Camp in September of 2011.

I am posting this to help the shy or uninitiated consider a camp that is incredibly cost effective, we put these on because we love sharing tri training, not to make $ and because there are apparently a few slots available as follows:

Al Camp - Snowmass Village Colorado - any set of dates between May 24 & june 8

Camp Hoff - Ludlow VT, Lakefront house! - Tuesday night June 18 -23

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Folks, ditto to what @scott dinhofer Said. My best memories of the past decade aren't about racing, it was hanging out with my teammates. Some of my favorites....

Racing is cool, don't get me wrong. But friends last a lifetime.

#dontmissout

~ Coach P

• Options

Ha! @Coach Patrick - All I remember is trying to suck your wheel over Calaveras. You. Were. On. Fire.

Good times and I highly suggest camps.

I put on the one and only EN NorCal Sleeper Cell camp way back in 2009. Was fun to meet folks and have fun shredding chamois on the old Vineman 70.3 course.

Just went to the Moab Camp and had a blast!