Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽ
Options

Dave Legg 70.3 CDA Race Report

Had three major goals for this race after St George in May: break six hours, faster transition times and quicker thru aid stations during the run. First goal was stopped short by having to stop during the run seven different times to attend to cramp in the right hamstring so 6:04:08 12/59 AG. Went to chiro on Monday and we traveled most of the way on Tue with a short drive on Wed. Not sure what happened but woke up with some pain and stiffness inside and high of right hamstring which lingered and did not feel better until Sat. Ran easy Wed/Thurs and when I went for a ride on Friday when I sat ont the seat and pedeled I could feel it high around the insertion area of my butt so I almost stopped riding but after a few minutes it went away. Had no pain on runs just could feel it later after I was done in the evening. So I think this came into play during the race but when I was cramp free I was running good. Swim: 38:46 which was faster than St G and the sihgting was better so over all I am pleased. Bike: 3:05 which is a little slower than I had thought I would ride but legs felt heavy the last part of ride back before the down hill. Run: 2:11 but enough of that. T1: 4:05 with a stop for restroom T2 3:38 Thanks from fellow ENer Sid Wavrin for the help so I took off almost 8:00 minutes from St G. Overall I am happy with the race because I raced the run when I could run and really enjoyed passing people thru out the race. Feel that I am right on the edge of getting where I want to be with the bike and run. Bike I need to continue to dial in the nutrition as I have no issues during RR. Consumed 72oz, 1 gel and 1 pack of blocks. Cut down on Aid station times except for two towards the end, trying to get to the end. Lost some mental strength with the last cramp with only 1.5 to go because I was over the cramps but before that they just pissed me off and I ran as hard as I could until or if one would comeback. Great race venue and to meet Sid and his wonderful wife Kelly, Robin Sarner and unfortunatily I did not get to catch up with Mark Hickman. Would like any comments, off to train for the Marine Corps Marathon and then look foreword to racing with the team at Ironman St George 2020.

Comments