Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Jenniferlyn Kryvicky's Macro Thread -

Hey Coach R!

After some thought and mentally just not being with it - I decided to pull out of the JOS and restart in the February OS.  Mentally I just could not fake it until I could make it any more.  I was not feeling so positive about getting back into the groove and I think that it was really based on some cumulative sleep deficits and stress induced fatigue.  

I was finding myself sleeping in until 2pm on weekends and waking up exhausted.  I decided to just stop trying to make it all fit organically when organically it was not fitting and allow myself to sleep and feel like I was in control again.  This weekend I woke up at a more reasonable 9am both days and am feeling over all so much better throughout the day - not tired or feeling sluggish. 

I actually have energy and am getting into a nice bedtime and morning routine that will facilitate my workouts next month. 

The biggest change is that I am feeling excited to get back into the swing of things - something that I have not felt in YEARS. 

Is it acceptable to start the FOS but keep the rest of my season plan the same?  I am cool with missing the last 4 weeks because I honestly needed to get to the point I am at today - being ALL IN.  I call January mental base training. :-)

Let me know if I need to change anything else in my plan aside from the delayed start to the OS.  Thank you Coach!

Comments

• Options
    Yes, that's fine, I understand!
    1. On 2/6 load up the OS plan to end on 5/14
    2. Then on 4/17 pick up the TSR again as I've written it. 
    Basically, you're must missing the last 4wks of the OS plan, but everything else stays the same. 

Good luck!
  • Options

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• Ironman North American Championships - Woodlands TX (2020-04-25) #IMNorthAmericanChamp_20
    • 07/14/2020 Grand Rapids 70.3
    • Ironman Arizona (TBD) #IMAZ_20

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

•   Last updated by Coach on October 30, 2019
    • On 11/4/2019  Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on  12/1/2019
    • On 12/2/2019  Load the  -- Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on  12/29/2019
    • On 1/6/2020  Load the  -- OutSeason for Triathletes (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on  4/12/2020 (Just four weeks!)

> Transition Early <

• On 2/3/2020  Load the    EN Full Run Focused to end on  4/26/2020
    • On 4/27/2020  Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on  5/24/2020

Your Notes

I am coming off of a 2 year journey back to ironman from a long time off. I am gearing up for IMFL right now but will quickly be transitioning to 2020 training! I am in that place where I am gaining fitness quickly so I am happy and thanks to Coach P I am staying in a good path to keep healthy and happy.I am currently run focused and then ironically run injured lol - I have IMTX and IMAZ this upcoming year and know that my bike will be a key to my IMTX success on that windy flat course. I am working my way back - running no real idea but I am in the 14-15 minute miles (run walking) with my prior run paces in the 11's (when I was in better shape) and my biking I am at about 165 FTP. Swimming I am around a 2:10/100m or so in just swimming, stand alone 100 time is around 1:54.

I am considering myself a level 2 as I am not a beginner and my body is able to handle more. I am currently training at the level 2 plan.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

Yesssss!!!!!!

Let's do this Coach! 💪