Home General Training Discussions

NOS 2020 Run - Week 9

Welcome to the last week of the year. Time to get in some runs, when you may be time/location crunched on the bike. Don't forget it is better to get something in even if its just a few easy runs.

If your following the plans this week it will look like the following:

Bike Focus:

• 5/6/6 are the numbers to remember for # of times to run this week (note: lv2s this is an extra one for you)
  • Intensity: We stick with repeat miles and some 1/2 miles
  • Weekend: You run after the bike for 70-90 mins on Sunday so up 5 mins for everyone

Run Focus

• 5/5/6 are the number to remember for the # of times to run this week
  • Intensity: We stick with repeat miles and some 1/2 miles for Lv1
  • Weekend: you run both Sat and Sun, with Sat @ - 1:30 on the long run and Sun @ - 45 post the C&C ride

Tagged:

Comments

• Run 1 of the Holiday Run challenge done today, not too fast or too long but in the books.

• @Ralph Moore: Ditto: “not too fast, or too long.” The Holiday Run Challenge rewards “The 8-day Steak,” and that’s my goal in 2019. Starting out on the Florida Gulf Coast. Nice weather, but not accustomed to the humidity. Flat course is a plus. Put in 6 mi in just over an hour. That’s as long (or fast) as I’ll go. Need to mix in four EN-patented 1.5mi Durability Runs to stay smart heading back to the Canyon (and my bike) by week’s end.

• I hope that all of you are having a good week and a great holiday

Check in time. My hip is still a bit wonky so the run is still on hold. I hope to be able to start that back up again soon. In the meantime, extra Zwifting.