Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Sue DeJesus Official Coach Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

@Sue DeJesus

Welcome to your SECOND MONTH  inside Endurance Nation! 

To help you continue your progress, we have a few short questions for you. You can copy the questions and put your answers in your reply to this thread (no need to copy the questions, just keep the numbers the same!). 

** Rankings **

Please rate the following items on a Scale of 1 to 3 (1 = Unsatisfactory,  2 = Satisfactory, 3 = Great!):

• Swim Fitness: 
    • Bike Fitness:
    • Run Fitness:
    • Weight / Body Composition:

** Subjective Information **

• What is Your Biggest Improvement So Far?
    • In What Area Do You Need Additional Support? 
    • Would You Recommend Endurance Nation to a Friend?

** Additional Learning **

Now that we are beyond the initial learning curve of Endurance Nation, it's time to give deeper into some additional resources that can really help you out. 

You have several options: 

** Need Coach Input? **

Don’t forget you can schedule a check in call with Coach Patrick online here: https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min

We are looking forward to your answers!

• Options

@Sue DeJesus I am sorry. I had put the above post in a month ago and forgot to push post comment. Can you answer those questions questions above and put it in another thread.

Welcome to your THIRD MONTH  inside Endurance Nation! 

This month we focus on helping you become more independent as part of your growth as a Self-Coached Athlete.  Whether you are planning your season, preparing to race or transitioning to a new endurance challenge...Team Endurance Nation is ready to help!

If you haven’t done so already, please set up your Month Three Coach Call here.

** Training Focus **

We consider anytime in your season when you are more than 12 weeks away from your event to be a training focus. There are different phases of training (OutSeason®, General Prep, Sport Specific), but they are fall under the same umbrella. 

Now that you are through your first two months of Endurance Nation, You have learned a few key “rules” of how we play the game, and you are ready to take charge of your experience.

Training Lesson Recap:

• No single workout is more important than your health, or your season goal. 
    • Prioritize your “key” workouts each week, then fill the rest of your space. 
    • We can always fix over rested. We can’t fix broken, exhausted or sick.
    • Have a specific goal for each training block - what is the desired end state?

Taking Charge:

• You should be comfortable moving your own workouts around at this point. 
    • You can change plan ability levels as needed to keep yourself on track. 
    • You can use the Test Week at any time to confirm a fitness change. 
    • If you want to take a different path that we suggest...do it and keep us posted!

** Racing Focus **

Once you are within the final 12 week window to your event, it’s time to really focus. From key workouts to nutrition to logistics, there’s a great deal to cover. There’s a fine line between a great day and a day where you want a total do-over. 

Key components of your final push should include: 

• Simulation Workouts to replicate the mental, physical and nutritional scenario you expect on race day.
    • A tried and true nutrition plan for your event; this is your last chance to lock it in!
    • Draft and review of a Race Plan to make sure you are 100% ready to take this on.
    • Optional rest as needed, and a defined taper in the last two to three weeks as necessary. 
    • 13 Weeks out from your race you should be getting a race preparation email and an invitation to GroupMe - if you haven’t gotten that yet - let us know! 

** Additional Support **

In addition to The Forums and other Team-related support, you still have the chance to connect with Coach Patrick across your first year. Right now it’s time for your three month call with Coach Patrick; and you can book it here.

Tip: Find all your other call windows across your first year, please visit the EN Staff page

Be sure to check out our Three Year Plan in Resources / Wiki so you can see how we recommend improving from season to season. 

Coach Phone Consults

If you are looking for support above and beyond the traditional Endurance Nation experience, you can book a consult with Coach Patrick. These are billed at $100/hour and Can be on almost any training or racing topic. Please click here to learn more / get started. 

Congratulations for moving forward with you training as you build to your race goals. We can’t wait to see what you are capable of this season!

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Below is a summary of approximately one loop plus of the ride Fri & Sat. In looking at it I understand and since I wasn't feeling 100% and cut the rides short both days, I really didn't get the advantage of experiencing the whole ride - and I'm disappointed in that. The first day I was doing my best to try to keep up with everyone, the second day I rode completely by myself with no pressure to keep up. Funny thing is, the numbers are almost the same for both days. Day 1 is listed first...

I read on site that Ironman should be raced at 73% of FTP. I was right at almost 80%. Should I scale back my effort on the bike to get to that 70-73% or ride like I did on day 2?

My bike strategy will be to be patient on the uphills, sit up, and pull up on the pedals, and make the most of the downhills and flats. A good portion of my time was spent in the Z3-Z6 (above my FTP). I don't think I can avoid this considering the hills. I will add lap HR to get that number for the start of the run.

I also cut the run short Sunday due to nerve pain acting up. I had a good 60min brick Friday along the course, but stepped down hard somewhere and jolted my back which flared up the nerve pain. Saturday 30 min run was slow, but not bad nerve pain. Sunday that nerve pain was like a toothache, always there. My running form these days is a shuffle/quick walk to keep things as smooth as I can. It's very frustrating!

My strategy on the marathon will be to just be as steady as possible, keep my HR as close to Z1 for the first 6-8 miles, walk quickly at the aid stations, walk the steepest parts of the hills, and push to the end starting at the downhill after the uphill on Barton, if I can keep nerve pain at bay.

I found at camp that even walking the hills my HR goes above my TRP zone. How far past should I permit for the long hills?

Nutrition-wise I did very well on the bike on day 1 - I ended up with only 18oz left in my 100oz pack and went through 3 bottles off the bike. I still need to figure out gels or blocks for food. I hear you talk about 2 bottles an hour - that would be constantly drinking, right?

I have to say, I'm worried about being able to race well. I still have some kind of sinus thing going on, still get a headache when I lean over. I'm doing my best to not get discouraged.

I do feel I have a good plan for execution with existing conditions. We didn't talk about Special Needs bags. Do you have recommendations for Chattanooga?

Do you have any additional observations or recommendations?

Thanks for your attentiveness on day one of the bike course! You were very helpful! :)

• Options

Sue –

thank you so much for the notes and for joining us at camp. I know you were not 100%, but you were a real trooper making the most out of the opportunity that you had!

The Chattanooga course is certainly not one that is friendly to you. Those rolling hills will set up a lot of your energy, so your focus needs to be on maximizing your downhill speed and speed on the flats.

As you mentioned, there are certainly some places where you cannot get your momentum I’ve been to the next hill, but wherever there is the possibility it is something that you need to take it vantage of because that speed is free. You are very aero on your bike and any speed you can carry into the next hill will help reduce the cost of the next climb.

Can you please remind me again what your functional threshold power is? And the last time you tested? Also what was your variability index for both days? This is the ratio of your average power to normalize power, and the closer you can have that to 110 steadier your ride is. Of course like Chattanooga for you should be somewhere in the 1.08 to 1.1 range ideally.

Finally, what was your average cadence on both days And what sort of numbers do you see when you do long rides at home? Do you average 90 W and 13.4 miles an hour?

Sorry for all the questions, I’m just trying to put the rides that we put together in Chattanooga at less than 100% into perspective.

Your goal will be to run your bike average heart rate for the first 6 miles on the course. After that we want you to run your typical long run heart rate as well. Just like the bike, there will be certain portions of the runway your heart rate does go a little bit higher, but you will recover on the down hills which is OK. I am more concerned about the stain high heart rate because of inappropriate pacing not a higher heart rate to do to study running up a hill. In your case that heart rate is what it is and your job is to stay cool through water to mitigate the cost.

Special-needs is highly personal for each athlete and I don’t necessarily talk about that account. I do recommend stopping so that you can get a chance to stretch your back when you’re on the bike but not for long. Most of the time people carry back up Nutrition) in case they drop something as well as a special something in case the regular Nutrition) is feeling them. One special needs typically has some kind of longsleeve technical shirt and it just in case things are getting cool out there at night it’s easy to carry around your waist for later. Some people like to put extra chamois cream in there by special needs as well as some Tylenol? Those are great questions to ask Team in the forms for their input!

Looking forward to your answers so we can keep this rolling,

~ Coach P

• Options
    edited August 29, 2019 12:40PM

@Coach Patrick to answer your questions:

FTP is 127: 6/3/19 VO2 max was 142w and 20' avg 126.4. 7/29/19 retested with VO2 max 152w and 20' avg 124w. I kept the same zones bc I believe I gave more to the 5' VO2 max work the 2nd test, and the zones feel right during the workouts.

VI for Camp was 1.1 day 1 and 1.11 day 2. Avg cadence day 1 was 81, day 2 was 82rpm.

Long rides at home have all been on the indoor trainer due to safety and in town lights. I average 76-90w and mph 9-12mph with rpm in the low 80's. Higher RPMs take more energy to sustain so I gravitate to the 80's when I don't think about it. To generate higher watts I feel I need to slow down the cadence.

The 2019 70.3 Chattanooga on my P5X, time was 3:14, 93w avg, 1.09 VI, 88rpm, 17.5mph. When I did 70.3 Chattanooga in 2017 on my P3, time was 3:00, 99w avg, 1.1 VI, 92rpm and 18.5mph. I know that the P5X is heavier and I actually feel slower on it than my P3, but I feel more stable in the wind on the P5X. I've been toying with selling my P5X if I can get a good price and going back to my P3, or look at the P5...

My sinus stuff is resolving and I can lean over now and not have a headache!

Long Run HR has been 134 (my TRP is 127-138).

• Options

@Coach Patrick I forwarded the bike video review to my bike fitter last night and he did respond favorably and will make the changes suggested. I'm relieved about that. Thank you for putting it together for me, it helped explain what I'm feeling to him.

• Options

Of course! I hope the outcome is favorable. You are strong and that bike is fantastic. Getting you in the right position on the bike can only help make you faster!

• Options

#1:

We made changes to my fit last night: saddle up a little more, pushed forward quite a bit, and pushed the front end more forward.

I rode today and I feel I'm able to generate more power with my legs and glutes. I still feel a little crowded, but it may take shorter cranks to get that angle to open up more. The saddle is a bit more comfortable, but still think it's too wide in the nose, yet I won't know until I have several hours in the saddle. I think for the first time, I might keep the bike!

I hear you asking people for their races coming up and 2020 races. As we discussed, my next season planning will start after IMChoo results are in so we can decide if IMChoo is a good "A" Race to target next year to KQ 2021, or if a different IM would better suit my strengths.

• Options
    edited October 11, 2019 1:02PM

@Coach Patrick I've been thinking about maybe trying to sell my P5X for a lighter bike. I have an old P3 (2009) that in many ways I felt faster on it, but I don't know how to interpret the data from my races. Does this information tell me anything? I've always had a challenge with going up hills, but it seems more so now. The P5X is most certainly heavier. I also find it more stable in the wind! So maybe it's a trade-off. What do you think?

• Options

Great talk today @Sue DeJesus ... Looking forward to solving some of these underlying questions for a better 2020!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick Yes! thanks for the talk today.

1) I believe my main quest is first full recovery from IMChoo, then figure out if a different, lighter bike will serve me better or seeing if there is a way to decrease the weight of the P5X. Finding a way to test my old P3 against my P5X may help determine this. This will determine what races I choose to do in 2020.

2) I agree that training on my race bike with a direct drive trainer is the best idea. I've ordered the trainer locally, but don't know when it will arrive.

When I get some ideas for races for 2020 I'll submit them here for your input. Thanks!

• Options
    edited October 16, 2019 10:08AM

@Coach Patrick I'm wondering if 2020 should be a 70.3 year to recover and build strength, and figure out my bike; then do IM in 2021 in my new AG 70-74. If so, my seasons could look like below.

I heard from Shield Leard that IM has started a program with Kona spots for AW athletes. If that's the case, then there might be reason to three 70.3's in 2020 to try to keep my All World status going into 2021, though that adds extra $$ to household expenses. I'm not sure I would want to do BOTH 70.3 Worlds and IM Worlds in 2021, but I'm interested in your thoughts. I lean towards staying local and fewer races when possible to save $$ but will spend if it makes a good training build. I do like to do 5K,10K's, and they are friendlier to the budget.

• Options

Great to talk with you on the phone. I agree that at some point we have to start balancing the cost of training for an Iron Man physically with the value of the quality training you can get out of a 70.3. It’s no secret that intensity is the most effective tool for developing and maintaining fitness in your age group, or for all masters at some point.

plenty of our athletes decide to go with the season of 70.3 to get strong and have more fun before returning to the work of Iron Man. Only you know just how hard your body work this year which is a large part of that calculus. The other part is what will your age group look like at the one or two race options you have on the schedule. I can support you either way and personally I do like the option of doing the shorter stuff, saving money, and making you stronger. The longer the planning window we have the better we can do.

that said, some athletes will express regret later on that they did not sign up for an Iron Man so as long as your reasons right now are strong and sufficient we should be good. 👍

• Options

@Coach Patrick Since I'm still feeling the affects of IMChoo in my body, I do believe it's in my best interests to make 2020 a 70.3 year and figure out the bike thing! I see that IMFL Tier 4 registration is still open, so it's possible that if I had any regrets or change my mind mid-season about IM it appears I would have plenty of time to sign up. It feels right to take the first half of 2020 and make sure I have good recovery and build strength and speed.

I like the idea of building to a flat half marathon in March instead of doing a 70.3.

I think I should be able to wait until May/June to decide if I add IMFL to the calendar. Would either of those be too close to the Sept. Augusta 70.3 to do both?

• Options

I think that’s the smart play Sue, good call. I think you can go ahead and make sure that Augusta is on your calendar for next year and we can flex on the rest. For now it’s aerobic work staying loose and as much self-care as you need until you feel 100%. I am still having flashbacks to the heat!

• Options

@Coach Patrick The plan sounds good and right. So I'll sign up for the March Half Marathon, the 70.3 Blue Ridge Camp in May, the race Blue Ridge race in June, and 70.3 Augusta in Augusta. Then flex for anything else.

UPDATE on the bike weight: I've looked at the Ventum plus the P3X and P5 by Cervelo. For how I like to ride and work my nutrition, I'm leaning toward the P3X. The advantage of the P3X is that it/s lighter than the Ventum and accommodates round bottles unlike the P5 so I can take on course nutrition in the down tube. P3X also has a more adjustable front end. I'm looking also at a sub-compact Absolute Black Oval crankset in 48/32T that would help my gearing options without sacrificing speed on the flats. I have an inquiry out to the company bc they make a 46/30T as well. I'll evaulate my crank arm length as well. I believe these could help increase my cadence that I've had on the P5X with 167.5 cranks with the compact setup. (Been in the high70s mid80s. These would allow me to spin more uphill, right?

What do you think bike-wise?

• Options

@Coach Patrick How do I know when to start my OS? I have to tell you. I'm totally lost with the OS. Do I have to do Zwift or Trainer Road?

• Options

@Coach Patrick I'm thinking of adding another half to my 2020 race schedule. I'm trying to decide between July 19 70.3 Musselman (Hilly Bike AND run-6 weeks post 70.3 Blue Ridge) and July 26 70.3 Ohio (Flat bike, hilly run-7wks post Blue Ridge). Since Augusta Sept 27 is a hilly bike and flat run, I thought the July 26 70.3 Ohio might be a good difference in courses. I also thought having a back up race for trying to qualify for 70.3 worlds 2021 would be a good idea. What do you think? Would you recommend one of the July courses over the other?

I think right now I'll put my energies into healing from IM training/racing - my L leg/glute nerve pain is back in high gear after a deep massage session a week ago. It's very unhappy! Right now I can't run.

I'm thinking I'll put my energies back into a distance that I had a lot of success in, maybe until my body is solid again, makes the most sense to me. 2017 I took 3rd in my AG at 70.3 Worlds.

• Options

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• 6/7/2019 Iornman 70.3 Blue Ridge
    •  Ironman Florida (TBD) #IMFL_20
    • Ironman 70.3 Augusta (TBD) #70.3augusta_20

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

• Last updated by Coach on October 30, 2019
    • On 10/28/2019 Load the  -- Durability Balanced Plan 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks  to end on  11/24/2019
    • On 11/25/2019 Load the  -- Durability Balanced Plan 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks  to end on  12/22/2019
    • On 12/23/2019 Load the  -- Durability Balanced Plan 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks  to end on  1/19/2020

> Transition Early <

• On 1/6/2020  Load the    OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on  04/12/2020
    • On 4/13/2020  Load the    EN*Half Run Focused to end on  6/7/2020

Your Notes

IMChoo was my last race. Since then my recovery has been slow. I'm now just beginning to add some intensity back into my bike workouts. I had an over jealous massage therapist work on my L Glute area where I have had nerve pain since February, and since, that area aches and is painful for the last week. When I slowly work it, it then feels better.

First OS with EN so you help me pick which run or bike focus, right?

NOTE: IM Florida might be a race I add after 70.3 Augusta, TBD mid-seasonBeen following the IM recovery plan.

I've been walk/running 4 times a week, with my 'long run' 60-70 minutes. Cycling 4 times for an average of 60min per session, 'long' bike 2 hrs split (do an hour, come back later and do another hour). Swimming 2-3 times a week. The pool water irritates my skin and gives me rashes so I try to stay away from Wednesday afternoon when they shock the pool with additional chemicals.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

PAIN: PT says my nerve pain is not as worrisome as we first thought. Range of motion is good except bending to my left. Instead of coming from my back at L4-5, like it has since February, it's coming more from the periformis, & deep hip rotators trapping the nerve, where the massage therapist worked so diligently on! :( So pain and weakness is traveling down to my calf/foot. Most of the pain is triggered by loading the glute, glute med & deep rotators. I am slightly encouraged that it doesn't seem to him to be as bad as it feels to me. I've NEVER not been able to run!

He did dry needling today and he's thinking give it a couple weeks of no running and see how I mend. He said walking, cycling and swimming would be fine and maybe the ElliptiGO if I can tolerate it. I haven't tried it, just don't do what makes it trigger.

Thanks so much for your Coach Video. I LOVE your humor! "super spooky coach" and the light was so funny! You made me laugh out loud and put a smile on my face for a long time. I can be WAY too serious! 😛

BIKE: I have found buyers for my old P3, my P5X and my ENVE wheel set which will go toward my new bike. In reviewing and considering all the input, I've settled on the P5 which will be about 5 pounds lighter. I learned from IMChoo on a hot day that I can live off the land and would only need 2 full bottles that would get me to the next aid station, so I can travel lighter on the P5. I used to always carry 3 bottles of my own mix. Now I know I can get by with 2. I understand your vote for the DDKickr and your reasons why. It makes sense. I appreciate your input and the forums as well. It's been most helpful.

I thank you SO MUCH for getting me on this journey to replace my P5X for something more suitable for my power output. I've been unhappy with the bike since I got it and always compared it with my P3 which I felt I was faster on! So I know the P5 will be a much better solution. The LBS recommended putting on 11-34 with a compact crank. On the P5X my cadence was always lower (80s) than on the P3 (90s) and he thought that might help climbing as well as the lighter bike. What do you think of that? I've been running a 11-28 with a compact and always felt I needed just a few more gears for the hills!

RestWise: I'm open to giving this a try. You spoke of a learning cycle to help me figure out recovery from workouts. This sounds good. When should I start the 30 day free? And for how many months do you think would be helpful? The ad says data can be mailed to my coach. Is that something you would be ok receiving from me for a few months? If so, what email would I use? PM me?

Zwift/TrainerRoad: I'm undecided on this. I think I'm what you call a "secret trainer." I just do my best to do what I can of what's scheduled. With my embarrassingly low FTP compared to everyone else, I would hate to always be the one getting dropped or being last. That just doesn't sound fun! And never heard of Discord. How does that work? Maybe I have the wrong idea of how Zwift works for EN, so if I'm in error, let me know. I did sign up for TrainerRoad to give it a try since I know I have 30 days to cancel. I've done two workouts on it. Not sure I want to stare at a grid for hours. The training tips might be helpful.

And yes there was a bit of a disconnect between our phone conversation and my notes entered after we talked. In mulling over the year and how poorly I've raced, getting sick again, it makes me lean more toward going back to what I was successful at, and was less taxing on my body. I never got sick with 70.3 training even with 12-13 workouts a week. Maybe time and healing, and a new bike will change how I feel. I appreciate your input.

TRAINING PLAN: It looks good!

• Options

Thanks for the detailed update. I feel like it afterQuite a few iterations, we are in a great placeUrban forward to the 2020 season.I know it's a great deal of changes, but I really appreciate how you are approaching itWith 100% of your energy.

I agree that the P five is the best option for you as his living off of the land. This way you don't have to carry all those fluids on your bike on your back.

I agree with the changing to set as well, I think the contact person will give you an option of keeping the cadence up which will help reduce the overall load of moving you up those hills.Your FTP is low, but it doesn't mean that you are a weak.Just in comparison to other cyclists you are, but let's remember that most of them are 20 and 30 years your junior! What you were doing is truly inspirational.

The idea of using technology is really just to keep you engaged.If you are in effective secret trainer, then I am OK with it.I know that some people enjoy working together in a group and sharing the camaraderie.That is what we use discord for, as it allows us to talk live, as if we are on the phone together, while we are in Zwift.It doesn't mean that you have to be riding the same ride or in the same group as rest.You could be in a different part of the world doing something entirely different but still be on the connection talking and laughing with people.

Moving forward I agree thatOur best option is to figure out a 70.3 training plan that allows us to incorporate some volume.This phone enable you to do work, and still recover, which I think will be optimal solution for you.Currently given your fitness level the long workouts for simply take too much of a toll in terms of allowing you to continue a typical training week successfully.

In other words,The work is not worth the return. This is an a problem, it just means we have to get creative with our choice of training!I look forward to the challenge.

Yes, you can send the restwise data to me at my Gmail address: patrick.mccrann@gmail.com And we can review.I wouldn't start again until you see a like you are back to 100% house with regards to your piriformis.

I hope you had a great Halloween andI look forward to your progress in November!

patrick

• Options

@Coach Patrick

PT Run UPDATE: Running is improving and pain is now only occasional in certain positions. If I am diligent to keep a neutral back and pelvis position I have no nerve pain and only some tightness and achiness at the periformis and hip rotators. I am running 20sec walking 30sec and over the weeks will increase running time until all is 100%. I'm being ninja diligent about keeping spm up around 90-92 to keep from overextending the hip and arching the back.

I agree that finding a 70.3 training plan that also incorporates volume will help recovery for good work. Right now I feel I'm on track with my training. I look forward to solving this puzzle and stay healthy and strong.

New bike should be here by the end of November, right in time for no outdoor riding! I'm such a wuss in the cold! Race wheel research is still on-going trying to balance weight, aero, price and hub design.

• Options

Hey, do you have pictures for the new bike? And how is the run going?!!?!!?!?

Can't wait to see...

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick I pick up the bike Monday!!! -- had to wait for the HED Vanquish 4F & 6R wheels to come in since my LBS is 1:30 hours away and only wanted to make one trip. Pictures forthcoming! They say she weighs18.5 lbs so I'm happy with that and comes with 11-30 cassette. It will be a good test to do 70.3 Blue Ridge in June with a hilly bike, at least at the early part of the course.

My running is very slowing getting better with less pain, but I still have days of setback. It seems this thing continues to fester. Running less seems to make things more stiff, running too long seems to flair it up for several days even with run-walk of 30/30 seconds. It's still a puzzle to solve. Nothing I've currently tried seems to make it always feel better. :( I think I may embark on adding 15-20min of fast walking most days and see if that keeps mobility and circulation up.

I'm thinking 70.3 Ohio and Augusta races will complete my year. It seems with my sciatic like pain still not under control, a full ironman doesn't sound like a good idea. So I believe the best course of action is to make this year a 70.3 one and work on qualifying for 2021 70.3 Worlds. Then possibly tackle another Full once the pain is completely gone. What do you think?

Are there new HM plans coming? Just wanted to know if the latest version is available to load for my June 70.3.

• Options

@Coach Patrick She's weighing in at 20lbs as shown without the weight of liquids or gels, but even feels significantly lighter just picking her up to carry up the stairs into the house. Cassette is 11-30, wheels are the HED Vanquish 4 & 6. Not 100% race ready yet but well on my way to get her there. I'm still not loving my saddle, and I have a few Selle SMP coming to trial. I'm much happier with this bike, so thanks for the impetus to get the ball rolling on this. You really helped validate what I had been feeling all along!

• Options

@Sue DeJesus whoa that bike looks lean and mean! Congratulations on the upgrade. I think once we can get you dialed in on it you'll really feel the speed. Also getting you better at relying on the course nutrition vs carrying it all!!

Yes, new Half Plans coming soon...likely 1/13 latest...want to get them right!

~ Coach P

ps yes to a 70.3 year...it's going to take more trial and error to get the right rhythm of training dialed in for you!