Home New Member [First Month]
Options

Tricia Reyes Official Coach Thread [PlanEN]

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• Ironman Santa Rosa (2020-07-25) #IMSR_20  

Your Notes

Competing in my first IM this July in Santa Rosa, CA, unless it's postponed due to the Coronavirus. 

I've completed 1 of each of the following: Rocky 50miler (, Huntsville, TX; Oilman 1/2 IM TX, Escape from Alcatraz, Houston Marathon. Aside from these events, I've competed in 5ks, 10ks, and Half marathons. 

My fitness level is high. I've been following a 1yr IM training plan that has 4 phases: acclimation, base, build and peak. Currently, Currently, I'm in my 23rd week of training, the Build phase. 

This week looks like: 

Crossfit/HIIT workout - twice

Swim - 3,000m x2

Bike - 45min, 1:00, 3:00

Run - 45min, 15min brick, 1:00, 1:15

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won't complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on Final Surge by clicking on Training Plans / My Plans. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

>> Last updated by Coach on March 23, 2020

• On 3/23/2020  Load the  -- EN Full Prep Plan, 4wks to end on  4/19/2020
  • On 4/20/2020  Load the  -- EN Full Prep Plan, 4wks to end on  5/17/2020
  • **Transition Early**
  • On 5/4/2020  Load the    EN Full Bike Focused, 12wks to end on  7/26/2020
  • On 7/27/2020  Load the    Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on  8/23/2020</p>

Training Plan Support in Your First Month

You can connect with @matt limbert as needed in your first month to get dialed in with your training plans and data. You can set up a call with him online here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1 and he'll be on this thread shortly!

Your Homework

Tell Me Your Season Goals

• What will make you consider this season a success?
  • What's your biggest limiter right now?

**The Athlete Roadmap Videos and Start Learning**

Join Coach Patrick for a walkthrough of the Endurance Nation Athlete experience to learn more about how our system works to help you achieve your personal best. You'll want to watch the Phase One Structure videos -- there are four -- to get completely up to speed!

Every month we hold live events as part of our commitment to make you just as smart as you are fit. Feel free to visit our Coach Lesson page and our Office Hours page to find the next opportunity to connect with Coach Patrick and your Teammates.

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and the Team to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. Please remember to include your phone number.

• Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)
  • Training Plan Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)
  • End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)
  • End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your End of Year Gap and Year Two (TBD in this Coach Thread)

Questions

• Coach Questions - Right here in this thread. Always reply to this same thread, it keeps a record for us as we evolve together!
  • General Questions - Simple stuff can go to the General Discussion Forum for the Team to answer. For example, Best Bike? How to improve run cadence? How to flip turn?
  • Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!
  • Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.
  • Specific Questions about a Race or Power, etc? - You can post those into the General Discussion Forum and set the title or tags for that topic. Race questions to the Racing Forum, etc. Not sure where to post? Put it in the General Discussion forum and we will sort it out. Whatever you do, PLEASE ask your questions!!

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website.

We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here.

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.

Your First Year Inside Endurance Nation

This will be unlocked after your trial expires.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@Tricia Reyes

Tricia, Welcome! Super cool have you with us. I'm soooo sorry. I wanted to be here sooner! I'm here help you get setup and organized. I can explain your workout structure, show you where to find our race execution guidance, and how to connect with the rest of the team. I'm here to walk you through all of it.

Let me know what you are interested in, and I'll point you in the right direction. Our goal is to not only make you fitter, but smarter, and offer you the help and experience of our entire team to put together a race you race be proud of!

If any questions you have getting started - chat with me here or schedule a call with me here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1

A few thoughts on getting setup and organized

First off, think of this as an opportunity to get fitter, smarter, and share your experience with the rest of the team. Coach Patrick has designed a Race Roadmap for you. The progression of workouts will get you fitter and prepare you physically to race but, getting smarter about training and race execution is what sets Endurance Nation apart from other programs. Here you have access to Coach Patrick (11x Kona qualifier), a library of his Coach Lessons, and the experience of hundreds of other athletes across all age groups - willing to share their advice and what has worked (or not) for them.

Here are a few things to do: 

#1 Subscribe to your Coach Thread.

Subscribe to your Coach Thread and get an email when we respond. Your Coach Thread is the best way to get a hold of us. It documents all of your training questions, its always here for your reference. 

Here is how: 

Post a comment below and I will respond via email.

Once we know you are all set here. We can start to talk about the rest of your training!

I'll post a series of notes here to help you get started. You can also tell me what you are immediately interested in and I will point you in the right direction.

Let's get after it! 👊

Talk you you soon,

Matt

• Options

Tricia, It looks like you subscribed to your Coach Thread! That's awesome. Mission accomplished x2. If you get this as an email. Could you please reply and give me me a GTG?

I'll post some more stuff to keep you rolling!

• Options

@Tricia Reyes How did the workout go yesterday?

• Options

Hi Matt,

I only managed to get in the intervals-- no warm up nor cool down. To be honest with myself, adding this new platform to my world has been hard because I'm also converting my curriculum to online learning for my own students, and suddenly teaching my Kindergartner and 2nd grader. I'm a little down on myself for not just being able to suck it up, learn EN info, and adapt but it's slow in going. Thanks for trying to get me going.

• Options

Tricia, Thanks for the update. Now that data makes more sense! 😂 2x wow. Nice job fitting in the workout between developing online learning and teaching your own kids! 4x Wow. You are awesome. Let's keep this workout stuff in a healthy place and we don't want to burden you. This whole workout thing is here to keep you sane and prepare you for your goal race. You did the right thing. Here is some basic guidance on how to triage your workouts:

If the accountability helps - pick one day a week and check in with us here. Let us know how its going and we can chat about how to prioritize the week and generally keep your mojo going. But, only if you want to. Otherwise, we'll figure you are good and happy to be left alone. I'll drop in on you once in a while if you want just to check in. Let us know how we can help.