Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Lynsey Fugate Official Coach Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not required.  I recommend that you keep some riding in your schedule, by using the balance Marathon plan. You can always take a weekend and do a fall century instead of a long run just to break things up… Maybe search your calendar?

Your real training for Texas will begin in December. Depending on what your goals are and you might want to look for a warm place to train in February or March for a volume pop… Maybe a long weekend?
  • Options
    Oh, and please submit your races under the training tab, be sure to check the box that you don’t need a roadmap and this way you are entered in our system.
  • Options

@Lynsey Fugate -

I saw your note about the marathon on 11/11...but it's so close I didn't want to go nuts prescribing stuff.

Basically you should be on the Balanced Marathon plan through the race.

And you should be reading up on our pacing guidance In the wiki as well:

Marathon Race Pacing

If you have any questions, please let me know how I can help!!

~ Coach P

• Options

Thank you so much for the info! I was actually just revving up for the two Ironmans and wanted to know what to do after the marathon to get ready for Texas. Just when you get a chance, lmk! Thanks :)

• Options

Sure!!!

1. You should load up the post marathon recovery plan. This is in the photo search, and it lasts about two weeks we should put you through Thanksgiving.
    2. Plan on starting the December out season and completing 10 weeks. We will need to modify this on the weekends to ensure that your long run and long bike or progressing toward the end.
    3. Youll transition in Feb (do the math?) to the remainder of the TX plan. Then we recover (post IM plan) and tackle the rest of year.

How is does that sound?!

• Options

So I have been having major nausea issues after my Ironman races and this past marathon. I am ok for 30-40min and then have to get home because I feels sick. This seems like dehydration to me, but I am constantly eating and drinking. Any ideas how to fix this?

• Options

@Lynsey Fugate - can you please wait out for me what you eat during the race as well as what you eat right after? We can use that to do a deeper analysis. I’ve had the same experience but it’s conditional on the conditions of the race as well as my consumption.

• Options

This is what I had during the race:

e-gel every hour (4)

s cap every hour (4)

they had Gatorade every other aid station and water at the others, so guessing a cup of Gatorade every 1.5-2.5 miles

was not able to eat afterward because I felt too sick.

• Options

Hmmm, this is really weird. I don't have a specific Answer for you...I would say:

• Only gatorade, no water.
    • Water is for wearing.
    • Consider a gel with more sodium in it...like a cliff-gel.

In an IM, sometimes the bike nutrition can set you off...on those days, do you start the run nauseous or doeS it "build slowly" like your marathon experience?

~ Coach P

• Options

Do you think you could send me a specific roadmap with dates for my upcoming IM's Texas and Cozumel 2019, so I don't mess up dates??

• Options

I can. If you haven’t already, could you please submit your races on line so their captured in our system? Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/yourraces

I’ll process seasons as they are submitted there, so that’s the best way to get into my queue. Cool!? 👍

• Options

Ok I submitted one...Planning on starting training next week

• Options

On it!!!!!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Lynsey Fugate -

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Coach Notes

I think the best call here is to get you into the DEC OS (today) and have you start training. Use the first cycle (4 work / 1 rest & test) to get going again; perhaps even dialing back to the Level 1 (beginner) workload during this time.

Let me know what your plans are for the winter holidays in the event you need some adjusting! I can then go ahead and help....

Your Races

• IMTX 4/27/19

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 12/03/2018
    • On 12/3/2018 Load the -- OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 3/10/2019
    • On 2/11/2019 Load the EN*Full to end on 4/27/2019
    • On 4/28/2019 Load the -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 5/25/2019

Your Notes

My IM races have ranged from 11:50-10:50. My next one will be number 8 and think I have figured out the slower bike to make the run a great thing. Swim is my best and easiest sport. I just finished Vegas Marathon two weeks ago. 

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

PS - Let's update your profile picture when you get the chance…it really helps the Team to "get to know you" a lot better. 

You can do that by following this animated GIF (below)…good luck!

• Options
    edited May 13, 2019 1:55PM

@Lynsey Fugate - Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• Ironman Cozumel (2019-11-24) #IMCoz_19

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

• Last updated by Coach on 05/08/2019
    • Follow recovery plan for May
    • On 5/13/2019 Load the    Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 6/2/2019
    • On 6/3/2019  Load the    Run Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 6/30/2019
    • On 7/1/2019  Load the    Bike Focus Block, 2019 (6wks) to end on 8/11/2019
    • On 8/12/2019 Load the    Personal Transition Week  to end on 8/18/2019
    • On 8/19/2019 Load the    EN Full Bike Focused  to end on 11/24/2019
    • On 11/25/2019 Load the    Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 12/22/2019
    • On 12/23/2019 Load the    Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/19/2020
    • On 1/20/2020 Load the    Run Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 2/16/2020
    • On 2/17/2020 Load the    Run Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 3/15/2020

Your Notes

Please send me a roadmap for Ironman Cozumel. I am taking this month off from Texas to try to not get burnt out.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

So I have downloaded the IM full bike focused starting next week, but noticed that it doesn't say how long the bike is for ABP on Sundays. How long do you want me to go on that each Sunday?

• Options

Hey @Lynsey Fugate !! There's guidance in the main set by ability level. I didn't want to specify it on the overall workout as each level was different and some folks don't open it, they just glance, see ABP and do that time. 🤷 Ideally you start with about 90' of ABP work, even if broken up, and you build up to 2.5 hours of it over time!

Remember, with IMCOZ dialing in your nutrition plan is just as important!

~ Coach P

• Options

Hi coach!

I am taking a year off of Ironman and am trying to find something to do next. There is this series called the I-35 series where you do two marathons in one weekend or can mix and match and do one half and one full. One is sat and one is Sunday. Wondering if you could help me with training for this. No idea what to do. It is Oct. 17 and 18th.

thanks!!

lynsey

• Options

@Lynsey Fugate of course we can! We have several new "ultra" plans and this would fit right into that. Essentially those plans are built on back-to-back weekend runs, so you'd be super ready.

The plans are run only or balanced (with some cycling) and I would recommend that you keep that going a bit (as you are able / interested).

To kick things off, just submit your roadmap using the following link and I can sketch out the season and plans for a discussion with you!

http://members.endurancenation.us/TrainingPlan/TriathlonSeasonRoadmap.aspx 

~ Coach P

• Options

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Coach Notes

• On 3/16/2020 Load the -- Half Marathon 12 weeks to end on 4/12/2020
    • On 4/13/2020 Load the -- Post Marathon / Half Marathon Plan (2wks) to end on 4/26/2020
    • On 4/27/2020 Load the -- Get Faster Training Plan, 10wks to end on 7/5/2020

Transition Early

• On 6/22/2020 Load the -- UltraRun 50M / 100K Plan, Beginner/Intermediate [16 Weeks] to end on 10/18/2020
    • On 10/19/2020 Load the -- Post Marathon / Half Marathon Plan (2wks) to end on 11/1/2020
    • On 11/2/2020 Load the Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/29/2020
    • On 11/30/2020 Load the Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/27/2020

Your Races

• Other Running Race 10/17-18/2020 I-35 challenge

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won't complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on Final Surge by clicking on Training Plans / My Plans. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

>> Last updated by Coach on April 1

- LeaveBlank

Your Notes

Planning to do the I-35 challenge which involves 2 marathons in one weekend. Right now I am in shape for a half marathon I was going to do in April. The date is oct. 17 and 18.

Your Homework

Tell Me Your Season Goals

•  What will make you consider this season a success?

•  What's your biggest limiter right now?

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and the Team to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. Please remember to include your phone number.

•  Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)

•  Coach Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)

•  End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)

•  End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your End of Year Gap and Year Two (TBD in this Coach Thread)

Questions

•  Coach Questions - Right here in this thread. Always reply to this same thread, it keeps a record for us as we evolve together!

•  General Questions - Simple stuff can go to the General Discussion forum for the Team to answer. For example, Best Bike? How to improve run cadence? How to flip turn?

•  Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!

•  Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.

•  Specific Questions about a Race, etc? - You can post those to the Race Forum, for example. Not sure where to post? Put it in the General Discussion forum and we will sort it out. Whatever you do, PLEASE ask your questions!!

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website.

We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here.

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.

Your First Year Inside Endurance Nation

This will be unlocked after your trial expires.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P