Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Maskai Kusunoki Official Coaches Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

I think all of your comments are right on point. I’m glad to see that the sun is consistent and I agree that it’s very common to have your bike power drop. I am not so much worried about your 5K time as I am about your weekly run mileage. How have you felt on your long run each week? As for the training plan change for the holiday, that is OK with me. You can move those workouts in Final Surge yourself or let me know if you need help!

• Options

(Camp week review) Camp week completed. It was really tough time for me, however it's makes me happy and strong. The weather did not rain miraculously and I had big 3 days. I hurt my knees from running damage. I will push it again after the break.

• Options

Congratulations on completing the week. Please rest the knees for a few days. If you need to, feel free to replace one or two of the run sessions with time on the bike. We need to walk the fine line between pushing our bodies and giving them room to recover, I know you are a master at this so let’s absorb this hard work and move on!

• Options

(Weekly review) I took 2 days off after The Big Days. As a result, my knee recovered. With enough workouts on a few days, this week's TSS overed 940. Everything is on-track. I'll add a little rest this week.

• Options

Ok! Sounds like you will have a few of our friends racing with you now that career was canceled. Are you excited to have company?

• Options

Of course, I'm excited. I am happy to race with Akio and Katsuyuki.

(Weekly review) I caught a cold from Friday and canceled the plan and I tried to recover.

It was completely cured with enough rest.

• Options

A cold during the taper period is 100% normal. Remember our goal during the taper is to keep you sharp but still allow you to rest. Daily exercise is important as is a lot of sleep. I always encourage people to swim more during the last two weeks if you are able to.

• Options

Finally race week has come. So far everything is as planned. I am grateful for your support and everything, regardless of the outcome of the race. I will only focus on doing my best in the race day.  Thanks a lot again.

• Options

I am back here and posted my new season roadmap. I only worry about Kona will be held or not this year.

• Options

@Masaki Kusunoki - oh you're posting, I will be looking at them later this week. I agree with you, it's very unclear as to what the next steps will be for our sport. I have heard some talk online about moving the event to February of next year, but I am not sure if I can personally make that work with my schedule.

I know that October is far away, but I also know that it's not that far at all. I am trying to give myself short term goals to stay focused so that I can be fit enough to compete should the opportunity arise.

Stay tunedfor my updates!

• Options

@Coach Patrick - I have an additional request: may I ask for No swim plan for two months? Even in Japan, the pools are closing and I cannot swim.

I have also heard about moving the event to next February. I am going to work hard to target October until the official announcement. I look forward to your updates.

• Options

@Masaki Kusunoki this has been done. I replaced the swim workouts with core strength and one functional strength workout, both on Mondays. This will mean more of a consistent "rest day" on Mondays then you typically have. Hopefully this is OK for you. If not, please let me know!

• Options

I started the 4 weeks prep plan this week. Every workouts are hard, however I am on-track. The public pools have reopened in Tokyo and swimming gave me joy. The only pain in my neck is the race plan. Will IM Malaysia be held, and the Kona flight tickets can be cancelled for free, and whether I can change my holidays, all issues have not solved. I will do what I can now with a strong heart.

• Options

@Masaki Kusunoki Thank you for the update....I am happy to hear about your fitness (and this plan was built just for folks like you who improve from the Intentional build up of endurance).

As for the travel.... I HEAR YOU. I am so tired of emailing and calling to find out what's happening With my refunds. So many codes and phone numbers and so much time on hold. I hope you get a good resolution with all of this! 👍

~ Coach Patrick