Homeโ€บ Coaching Forum ๐Ÿงข
Options

Akeo Tatsumi

2ยป

Comments

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick

I researched information of all IM race course, temperature, number of slot of my age, last 5 years result of my age, etc...

I excluded high speed race such as France, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Barcelona, Louisville, Florida, Arizona, Cozumel, etc...

๐Ÿ’ซCondition for choosing race

Not high speed race

Venue of the race is too far (ex Argentina)

Too expensive to go

No scary downhill on the bike course (ex France?)

No transportation from airport to venue of race because I can't drive๐Ÿ˜…

I thought I might go to IM Gurye or IM Malaysia. But people of tha same age group who are much faster than me participate in IM Korea. I felt IM Malaysia was high level.

After the considering everything, I chose above races.

Anyway I have to watch Covid-19 for a while.

Thanks, Akeo

• Options

Akeo, do you mean to tell me we've had an online relationship for this long and NOW you tell me you don't drive?!?! ๐Ÿคฃ

So you have picked IM Malaysia, correct? That is 10/24/20, which gives us plenty of time. You have 16 weeks to train until you need to start building for the race.

Our top mission for success at IM Malaysia:

• Bike Strength
    • Good Hydration Program for the Bike
    • Swim Skill
    • Run Durability

I would really like to have a few weeks where we do 80% bike work and minimal run to recover. Call it 4 weeks. Then we can re test and see where we are at. Recover with some swim time (maybe) and some longer easier runs, then eventually start getting more race specific.

Please confirm Malaysia and my tentative plan!

~ Coach P

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick

Sorry about my terrible english๐Ÿ˜…

I felt IM Malaysia was difficult to get a Kona slot last year. So I don't wanna go to IM Malaysia๐Ÿ™„

I wanna decide target race within this month or at least until May. I hope...

Akeo

• Options

@Akeo Tatsumi - okay I got it. Maybe we use emoji / icons? So:

• IM Malaysia ๐Ÿšซ

๐ŸคฃThat might be best....

We can do this!

~ Coach P

• Options
    Hi Coach P,

I have bad breaking news. Tokyo Olympic games have been announced to be postponed to 2021. Japanese Prime Minister Shin Abe and IOC have agreed it. Perhaps most sporting events will be canceled in 2020, and Ironman is no exception. I am affraid if many qualifying races cannot be held, Hawaii will be canceled.

Thanks

Masaki

Windows ใƒกใƒผใƒซ ใ‹ใ‚‰้€ไฟก

ๅทฎๅ‡บไบบ: Coach Patrick
    ้€ไฟกๆ—ฅๆ™‚: โ€Ž2020โ€Žๅนดโ€Ž3โ€Žๆœˆโ€Ž24โ€Žๆ—ฅ โ€Ž็ซๆ›œๆ—ฅ โ€Ž23โ€Ž:โ€Ž00
    ๅฎ›ๅ…ˆ: Masaki Kusunoki

Endurance Nation Community

Coach Patrick commented on Akeo Tatsumi

@Akeo Tatsumi - okay I got it. Maybe we use emoji / icons? So:

* IM Malaysia ๐Ÿšซ

๐ŸคฃThat might be best....

We can do this!

~ Coach P
  • Options

@Masaki Kusunoki - there have been many conversations about this here inside the team on our chat channels and social media. I agree that the implications of the spread of the coronavirus will have "aftershocks" that we cannot anticipate as a society. I think on some level, our political leaders are protecting people from understanding the true cost of this change in our lives.

At the same time I understand that race directors are unable to make long-term decisions without basic information. As incomplete as Connor might turn out to be this year, I would happily race it if that meant the world was a better place. For all of us.

๐Ÿคž

~ Coach P

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick

I am going to rest training this week and next week. because my sole has been painful last Friday. I don't know why??๐Ÿ˜ฅ

I don't know when the race will be. My training plan is still for IM Taiwan. So Could you choose another training plan for me?

I Hope the situation will be better.

Akeo

• Options

@Akeo Tatsumi - thank you for getting back to me. I was hoping that we would have some clarity on the end of season Races before we made a decision about your training plan. But I understand how dynamic things are right now means that we have to be flexible. It is my understanding that your Prime Minister will soon be declaring a state of emergency, I hope this does not impact you too much and that you are healthy.

One of the challenges we have mapping out your season is that you had so many races early in the year, it was difficult to find a place for we could do some consistent quality work. I think we need to look at the current situation as an opportunity and use this as a chance to make you stronger.

I think that our OurSeason plan (Bike Focus, 14 weeks) is a great transition plan for you. This will allow you to get stronger on the bike through intensity. It will also help you build your run with steady efforts which we also called durability. We need to be careful that we don't do too much higher run intensity and compromise your immune system.

I have gone ahead and loaded this into your account to start on the 13th, and you can choose the level 1 or 2 workouts. The goal with this plan will be to improve your bike strength (FTP) and consistent running (14 to 20 miles per week early and then building up).

What do you think?

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick

Thank you for choosing the new plan. I'll start new plan from next week ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

At this moment, the world is in great trouble. Japanese Prime Minister has declared emergency last night. It's not like European Lock down. Many department, bar, gym, nursery, school were closed. but still I can go anywhere I want to go.

Many IM have been postpound. IM Philippines rescheduled to 25 Oct 2020. IM Philippines could be my target race. but I'm not sure if is over at that time. I have to see what's happen this couple of month before entry IM Philippines.

Anyway I will do training.

I hope things are going back to normal.

Akeo

• Options

@Akeo Tatsumi I also hope we get back to normal soon as well. These times are very stressful, and for me the my training gives me some schedule and routine, which I think are super important!

I look forward to your feedback on the progress in the plan, this first week is always a bit tricky moving to new workouts.

I know you can do it!

~ Coach P

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick

Hello, I haven't seen you for a long time.

Many IM race has been rescheduled... I am not going to do a race in this year.

I will entry IM Philippine 6/6/2021.

My OS plan will finish this week. So Could you choose training plan for me?

Akeo

• Options

@Akeo Tatsumi - thank you for reaching out! It has been a crazy time this year, hasn't it? I cannot believe it is the end of July already. I am sorry to hear about your race, but I am pleased to hear that you have focused on the Philippines. That is a great race and should be perfect for your strengths.

I have loaded our "durability" training plans. This is a series of 34 week training plans designed to build some good baseline fitness. I am using them because it's important for you to recover from the outside in, and avoid peaking at this point in time of year. Unless you have a beautiful weekend when you want to get out and do a very long and fun ride, you can stick to the plan.

Consider this training plan a sketch of what I would like you to do. It is not rigid. We still have plenty of time between now and the end of your season. If you want to take advantage of the good weather, you should do it and enjoy a long ride or run. Otherwise we want good consistent running here.

How do you feel about your flexibility and strength? Are these things you would like to work on at this time?

~ Coach P

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick

Hello!

Thank you to put new training plans. But I can't see the plan after 14th September on calendar. Is it really 34 week training plans?? or something wrong?

Rainy season was finished. Now is very very hot summer in Japan. It is too hot to training outside at daytime, so I'm training with less strength.

Akeo