Home General Training Discussions

Event Cancellation / Postponement Thread [Video Guidance Added]

13»

Comments

• @Scott Alexander , I'll be headed back to San Antonio. My last military move. I'll do this last job for 2 years while we build our forever home up in Boerne.

I lived in San Antonio 2015-2016 and did several races while I was there. Open water swim in Boerne Lake was nice and I love riding in the Hill Country. When I move back, I'll need to find some trails to run on.

• USAT AG National Championships Cancelled as of 6/18/2020.

With a deadline of September 16, athletes who were registered for the Toyota USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships or Open Water Swim Competition may elect to transfer the value of their registration to one of the following USA Triathlon-owned events (age minimums apply):

• 2021 or 2022 Toyota USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships (no need to re-qualify) or Open Water Swim Competition
    • 2021 or 2022 Legacy Triathlon or Open Water Swim Competition
    • 2021 or 2022 Duathlon National Championships
    • 2021 or 2022 Collegiate Club National Championships (if eligible according to the Collegiate Competitive Rules)

Please visit the registration page for complete step-by-step instructions on how to defer your registration to one of the above events. The Toyota USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships will return to Milwaukee the next two years, including Aug. 7-8, 2021 and Aug. 6-7, 2022.

• IMMT 2020 now “officially” pushed to Aug 22, 2021.

Full email from IM with deferral and race alternatives/options:

”We appreciate your continued patience and understanding while we have worked diligently with various host city partners to determine potential options for the IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant triathlon originally scheduled for August 23, 2020. After assessing all event scenarios, it has been determined that the IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant triathlon cannot take place in 2020 and will return on August 22, 2021.

All registered participants of the 2020 IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant triathlon will have their event registration automatically deferred to the 2021 race date, but we have also provided additional race options if you are unable to participate on August 22, 2021. All options are listed below.

1. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant: Aug. 22, 2021

2. Free transfer to 2020 ViewSPORT IRONMAN Lake Placid: Aug. 30, 2020 (*tentative date)

3. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN Wisconsin: Sept. 13, 2020

4. Free transfer to 2020 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery: Sept. 27, 2020

5. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN Texas: Oct. 17, 2020

Immediately following this communication, you will receive an email from Active with a link to select your event option. If you would like to compete on August 22, 2021, no action is required at this time. If you choose to not remain in the new event date, you will have until Monday, June 29 at 11:59 p.m. ET to complete your new event selection in the provided Active link.

If you have additional questions, please contact monttremblant@ironman.com.

While we are prevented from holding the event in 2020 we look forward to providing you with an exceptional race experience in the future.

The IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant Team “

• Atlantic City Tri Olympic distance CANCELLED going virtual. Can defer till 2021.

Does this mean that AC 70.3 will also be canceled? Probably or definitely if your @Scott Giljum

• buffalo springs 70.3 cancelled

• Boulder 70.3 cancelled too.

• The small races are the ones most likely to happen. I'm doing a local tomorrow in Clermont, FL and transition is already being set up. They are limiting participation to 40% capacity and closed registration mid-week to ensure racking plans (3 bikes per rack) stay in place. I haven't raced in 9 months so this should be interesting.

• Traverse City just fell.

• So Muncie is next up. Indiana has a decision date of July 4th regarding whether to go to the next stage (full open) or stay where they are. COVID numbers look really promising, but you just never know. If they don't go to the next stage, the race cannot happen. Part of me really wants to race this and part of me hopes they cancel it to be on the safe side. If it goes forward, it might be a small intimate gathering on a typical hot Indiana Saturday (forecast of 93).

• Muncie was cancelled, if you didn't know @Daniel Huhn .

Just found out Louisville is cancelled for 2020 and will NOT be coming back for 2021. One of my athletes was already sent the email, and was offered options for Chatanooga (2020 or 2021), Maryland, or Texas. But that's it. Pretty limited options for her unfortunately.

• What a bummer for athletes! Glad I had ths opportunity to experience the
    best IM finish in North America.
  • The State Fair of Texas was just cancelled for 2020! Even over all the sport events cancelled, I NEVER thought that would happen! 😨

• 70.3 and IM Santa Rosa were permanently cancelled today. The IM is moving to Sacramento in 2021, but the 70.3 is a goner.