Homeโ€บ Coaching Forum ๐Ÿงข
Options

Karl Bonner micro thread

2ยป

Comments

• Options

@KARL BONNER - I got your Check-In update, and have pasted it below. This is part of our monthly process to stay connected, so thanks for filling it out!

Rankings are as follows:

• Swim Fitness vs Last Month: 3
    • Bike Fitness vs Last Month: 3
    • Run Fitness vs Last Month: 3
    • Body Comp vs Last Month: 2

Next month's focus: DIY TRI, Then some rest.

I've been doing some great work this summer. Impressed with her focus you've been able to remain despite the chaos of our season. You have definitely earned some time off at the end of the month. Do you have any specific plans? I would recommend you take at least two weeks with little to no training, or at least very unstructured training. Keep me posted!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick , Thanks for the reply.

No real plans, unfortunatley for me, I REALLY enjoy swimming, biking and running, so time away from that is time away from doing the thing I love, but, equally I do know the importance of rest. I'll likely do somthing but (like you say) have zero structure and hopfullly just take aload of photos ๐Ÿ˜, if the westher is nice maybe some walking with the dog (not that he can manage much these days ๐Ÿ˜ด).

Having said all that, last year at the end of the season I ended up building a small log cabin to house our Zwift/gym (that inevitably took way longer that I thought it would) so who knows what stupid idea will enter my head this time ๐Ÿคฃ

• Options

@KARL BONNER - I am halfway through a never ending project to build stairs for my deck. It to sound like a good idea until it got very difficult. Now that I'm close to finishing, I'm actually freaking out a little bit in case something is wrong! ๐Ÿคฃ Type A athletes...we are our own worst enemies!!!

I've been trying to have fun on Swift and keep myself engaged with intermittent challenges. It's comforting, on some level, to know that everyone is struggling with the current situation. Earlier on I was focused on performance, now I am much more focused on sustainability.

Maybe we put together a zwift challenge?

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick ... thats sounds so familiar ๐Ÿคฃ. A zwift challenge sounds like a good idea, maybe some kind of short distance EN race series ?

• Options

@KARL BONNER TOTALLY!! We need to have a brainstorm thread...what if we did like the Flat and Fast Series...like 1 lap races. Tick Tock, SeaSide, Champs d'Elysse, CritCity.

We'd need to either come up with a time to race where we could all make it...or we do it DIY style...thread coming in General Discussions later on!

~ Coach P