Home New Member [First Month]
Options

Carlos Medeiros 2020 Season Thread [TeamEN]

2»

Comments

• Options

Week summary (8/3-9) - All the workouts went well until Thursday. I had a stomach flu on Friday, so did not do Saturday's workout. I was able to do the half marathon workout on Sunday, but I was not feeling my best.

• Options

@Carlos Medeiros Sorry to hear about your flu. I check out your Final Surge and it looks like you bounced back pretty well and knocked out those race simulation rides and run. How did you feel?

• Options

@matt limbert I am feeling well. Thanks

• Options

Week summary (8/10-16) - What went well: (i) Completed all workouts as planned; (ii) did the half bike race simulation in 2:41:29 (134hr and 142w), better than the 2:43:08 (135 hr, 146w) I had done on July 24;

What I needed to improve: (i) the swimming reharsal of the 1900 meters at 35:59 (pace of 1:54) was slightly worse than the rehearsal I did a few months ago at a pace of 1:53.

• Options

@Carlos Medeiros

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/nfahr9cl1b

Welcome to your THIRD MONTH  inside Endurance Nation! 

Our goal this month is to help you be race ready for your next big event and make sure your connected with your teammates!

First OFF, be sure to check out Coach Patrick’s video online here

Step One: Quick Update Form

Please use this form to update us on how things are going: https://forms.gle/2BAufR2WyTUjkHvE7 We will follow up with guidance and advice via email so you can stay on track. 

Step Two: Research Your Race

Leverage your teammates to make sure your race is the best it can be.

• First, head over to the EN Forums and use the search functionality to see if there are race reports or other information in our system. 
    • Second, ask the Team what they know by creating a research thread in the Races & Places Forum or by posting to the GroupMe 24/7 channel.
    • When you are ready, go ahead and post your Race Plan to the Racing Forums as well 

Step Three: Connect with Fellow Racers

• Depending on the size of your race, you might have a GroupMe channel that you can find under the Community section here.
    • If there isn’t one, you can still head over to the Race Database and use the password WORKWORKS. From there you type the race name into the search box To get someone’s name. Return to the EN Forums and send them a private message!

** Additional Support **

In addition to The Forums and other Team-related support, you still have the chance to connect with Coach Patrick across your first year -- check the Athlete Roadmap. Right now it’s time for your three month call with Coach Patrick; and you can book it here.

If you are looking for support above and beyond the traditional Endurance Nation experience, you can book a consult with Coach Patrick. These are billed at $100/hour and Can be on almost any training or racing topic. Please click here to learn more / get started. 

Congratulations on moving forward with you training as you build to your race goals. We can’t wait to see what you are capable of this season!

~ Team EN

• Options

Week summary (8/24-30) - This week was all about the DIY Tri: swim 2000m (25m pool) in 35:30 on Thru mid morning, cycle 80km (zwift tempus) in 2:19:50 on Thu noon and run 20km (flat outdoors) in 1:33:54 on Friday early morning. I think I did a little better than I expected in all three sports

• Options

Way to go Carlos! 👊