Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Shimon Enatsu [TeamEN]

2»

Comments

• Options

@Shimon ENATSU Thanks for update. Nice work today's run. Let me know how this menu works with your schedule. Good luck this week.

• Options

@matt limbert Thanks for your reply. I practiced according to the menu this morning. For a 400m run, the pace was less than 4'/ km. It's much slower than when I was the best😂. I'll also pay attention to meals and sleep so that I can do this menu.

• Options

@Shimon ENATSU - how is it going this week? Let us know!

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I`m sorry ,I haven't replied to you in a long time.

I was very busy at work until the end of July. I also didn't have any races to target and I was losing motivation to train.

I've finally found the motivation to train, so I'm going to start training gradually this month.

I've set up Outseason plan in my plan for now, but is there anything else I should be working on or paying attention to in terms of training?

• Options

@Shimon ENATSU don't despair. Many of our athletes have been "down" lately due to the season. I am pleased to hear that you are back on track for the season. The OutSeason®  is a bit early to use right now, but it could work. What event(s) are you targeting in 2021 or can you give me a target for when you are racing next?

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Thanks for the reply.

Is it a little early to be working on The OutSeason®? If I do, can you tell me another plan that I should work on?

As of now, I don't have a target race for next year.

However, my goal is to qualify for KONA, and to do that I need to improve my cycling performance from the current 5 hours and 25 minutes to about 5 hours and 15 minutes. Similarly, I need to raise my running performance from the current 3 hours and 40 minutes to 3 hours and 25 minutes.

If I'm to compete in IRONMAN Malaysia on October 30 next year, starting this week, I would have 63 weeks to prepare for the race.

Assuming I spend the last 12 weeks preparing for the race, what kind of training should I do for the remaining 50 weeks or so?

week 1 2020/8/17

week51 2021/8/2

week52 2021/8/9

week63 2021/10/25 (race week)

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Good morning. I read your news letter.After reading your email, I checked out the "Durability for Triathletes - Phase 1" plan and thought this plan was more appropriate for my current level of fitness. I also read the "Run Durability" article on the website and understood that doing this plan before "Outseason" is a good order of things to do. What do you think?

• Options

@Shimon ENATSU - YES! I am so pleased you read the articles. It gives me hope that perhaps more of your teammates will do the same.

We prefer this before the Outseason as it prepares you to maintain your run fitness as we start to really push the bike fitness up higher. It also helps you to stay lean (good body composition) and get strong at the "steady" pace that you will often be running at on race day.

Can you tell me how your IM Run Pace compares to your TRP pace?

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

OK,I'm going to work on "Run Durability Level One".

My current TRP pace is around 5'15/km. On the other hand, the best of my most recent IM run was IM Korea in 2017, which was 3 hours and 45 minutes(5'20/km).

One of my goals is to be able to run an IM run in under 3 hours and 30 minutes(5'00/km).

~ Shimon

• Options

@Shimon ENATSU .... excellent information...thank you! Your run pace is very close..here is how you should proceed in terms of targets for the run.

• Month 1 = Run at 5:05 / km
    • Month 2 = Run at 4:55 / km
    • Month 3 = Run at 4:45 / km

You don't have to exactly hit the times for every KM per week, but we want to be close on average. The goal here is to get "used to" running at that steady pace with minimal friction.

You can add some strides (4 x 20 seconds at 5k pace) to a few runs a week if you need help gaining some additional speed. that is up to you.

What do you think?

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick Yes, you're right. I will try to get used to running first. Also, I think the goals you suggested are the right pace for me.

I added 4 strides to my practice this morning. I think strides are a good practice because they help me move my legs better. Here is my training data in this morning.

~ Shimon

• Options

@Shimon ENATSU excellent. And those strides...wow! 🚀 Any faster and you will need to run with a helmet and a seatbelt!!!!

Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick My run pace is still going to be fast! Fasten your seatbelt.😁

• Options
    Hi,Coach P.

Actually, I was unable to practice on Saturday and Sunday due to work, and
    unfortunately, I was playing basketball with my son on Saturday evening and
    tweaked my back while playing with him.

The pain in my back was pretty bad and I had a hard time standing up on
    Saturday. On Sunday and today I was able to walk, but I'm going to rest
    some more until the pain goes away.
    ~Shimon

2020年9月22日(火) 7:43 Coach Patrick :
  • Options

@Shimon ENATSU - Basketball!!?? I bet you were trying to dunk? Am I right? 🤣 I am kidding... Back pain is no joke. Sorry to hear that you have to deal with it. From the looks of your training log, it seems as though you aren't getting back on track.

I want you to stay active with other activities at this time of the year, especially because we have the flexibility. Eventually we will get back to "normal" when there will be plenty of training to do and less time for fun stuff like basketball. So keep hooping, but may shoot more 3-pointers!

Let's keep that consistency up, especially on the weekend ride!

~ Patrick