Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

John Kolesar

2»

Comments

• Options

I'll be keeping an eye out! 👍

• Options

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/eoisvly7ij

Your Races

Your Top Event / Race for the Season is:

Ironman Lake Place 140.6

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

>> Last updated by Coach on 10/19/2020

• On 10/12/2020 Load the  Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on  11/8/2020  28 [  4  weeks  ]
    • On 11/9/2020  Load the  Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on  12/6/2020  28 [  4  weeks  ]
    • On 12/7/2020  Load the  Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on  1/3/2021  28 [  4  weeks  ]
    • On 1/4/2021  Load the  OutSeason for Triathletes (Bike Focus) Plan (14wks) to end on  4/11/2021  98 [  14 weeks  ]
    • On 4/12/2021  Load the  Swim Camp  to end on  4/25/2021  7  [  1  weeks  ]
    • On 4/19/2021  Load the  EN Full Prep Plan (4wks)  to end on  5/16/2021  14 [  2  weeks  ]
    • On 5/3/2021  Load the  EN Full Bike Focused (12wks)  to end on  7/25/2021  84 [  12 weeks  ]
    • On 7/26/2021  Load the  Post Ironman Transition Plan All Levels (4wks) to end on  8/22/2021  28 [  4  weeks  ]

Your Notes

Tell Us Your Background / Racing History: I have completed one full Ironman - Ironman Boulder and five half ironman events

What is Your Focus Level for this Season? Returning to Training

Give Us One Sentence That Defines Your Successful Season: Complete my full Ironman event healthy.

What is Your Biggest Limiter to Success? Mental strength

Anything Else We Should Know?  I have been maintaining my fitness ever since IMLP was postponed.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

Coach...thanks for message. I really like the plan. I have been maintaining my bike and fitness level consistently each week. My weekly run mileage is 36 miles. I would like to increase that to 40-45 (just because I like to run). I feel great on my runs. 

My bike mileage varies due to weather and SAU's (lol). However, I have been getting some nice long bike rides. I will mostly increase bike mileage as I transition to zwift since the weather is getting cooler. 

I have recently made a serious commitment to change my body composition. I chart my food and calories on myfitnesspal. I am currently 176 lbs and want to get down to 169 for race day. I will get there but really eliminated covid snacks (LOL). 

Swimming is still an issue for my training - no access to a pool. I haven't done any swim training since my gym shut down in March. I believe my local gym is planning to re-open the pool soon. 

Nonetheless, I am mentally ready to work and get race ready! Thanks for all your help and support.

• Options

@John Kolesar it update! Thanks for the details. I'm all about getting that run up, but we don't have to force it. In your case I would set some kind of progression to get there so we always have recovery blocks built in. This allows us to step back a little bit and allow for adaptation to happen. It would look something like this:

• etc.

Zwift will get the miles up for sure...be sure to check in with us for some fun ride stuff!!!

Body comp will come...remember to (A) eat as you train more. A 90' WKO requires more than a 60' WKO...and don't count the exercise calories. Also, post workout "window" is real. So if you want to eat after a big session, so it after the session (within that first hour) vs waiting until dinner that night!

looking forward to seeing the progress,

~ Coach Patrick