Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Shelley Kirkpatrick Official Coach Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

Good day Coach P,

Hope you are well and taking care during these training days. I've finished up the "half marathon" knee injury took 4 wks out of my training for the 50k. I decided to change the 50k to a 25k as I don't feel I'm ready after the injury. I will save my Ultra for next season. As far as it looks now these are my two races:

Mont Tremblant 70.3 June 21, 2020

Ghost Train will more than likely be my Ultra

That's it for me so far :) Not sure if you need to adjust FS for maintenance? 25K is October 5, 2019.

Cheers,

Shelley Kirkpatrick

• Options

I think that’s a really smart call. I will adjust your training plan to reflect the change to the 20 5K on October 5. Then I will outline the rest of your season into tremblant and ghost train. So exciting!

• Options
    edited September 26, 2019 3:09PM

Update, this is done!!! Happy racing! 👍

~ Coach P

• Options

Good day Coach P! @Coach Patrick

I hope you are well? Just to catch up I have a had a great offseason of fitness and nutrition and looking forward to the rest of the season! So many things are happening!

I feel I am going to need a bit more direction this year, I ops "pulled the trigger" after a long time debate. Keep in mind my goal in any of my adventures is to "finish" cutoff times be ever in my favour!

The biggest decision factor was the schedule I have a work right now is more ideal to training.

Here it goes;

Around the Bay 30k March 29th

Pick you Poison 25k April 25th

Mont Tremblant 70.3 June 21st

Mont Tremblant 140.6 August 23rd

Ghost Train 50k October 17th (on the Waitlist)

I work 12hr shifts straight days right now and I have every Monday/Tuesday off. Every other week I do 5 shifts straight, plus I work every other weekend. I think if set out my long days on the Mon/Tues I can rearrange the rest to fit my schedule.

Let me know what you think, we can schedule if need be.

Cheers,

Shelley Kirkpatrick

PS: working on some numbers for you and power on my bike.

• Options

@Shelley Kirkpatrick Woot! I will look at this today to formalize a schedule for you!

• Options

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• Pick your Poison 25k April 25th
    • Mont Tremblant 70.3 June 21st
    • Mont Tremblant 140.6 August 23rd
    • Ghost Train 50k October 17th (on the Waitlist)

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 03/06/2020
    • On 1/6/2020  Load the    OutSeason for Triathletes (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/12/2020
    • On 4/13/2020 Load the  -- Half Marathon (Balanced) 12 weeks to end on 4/26/2020
    • On 4/27/2020 Load the  -- EN Half Bike Focused, 12wks to end on 6/21/2020
    • On 6/1/2020  Load the  -- EN Full Bike Focused  to end on 8/23/2020
    • On 8/24/2020 Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 9/6/2020
    • On 9/7/2020  Load the  -- UltraRun 50k Plan, Beginner/Intermediate [12 Weeks] to end on 10/18/2020
    • On 10/19/2020 Load the  -- Post Marathon / Half Marathon Plan (2wks) to end on 11/1/2020

Your Notes

I work 12hr shifts straight days right now and I have every Monday/Tuesday off. Every other week I do 5 shifts straight, plus I work every other weekend. I think if set out my long days on the Mon/Tues I can rearrange the rest to fit my schedule.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

Not sure if this helps. With my work schedule I can do a long swim every other Friday. I will for sure have Team Triumph Coached swims every Monday. Long Rides will need to be Tuesdays I think. Every other Sunday I’ll switch a long ride there because it’s car free day on our parkway heading up to the hills.

Oh boy, here we go!

Shelley

• Options

@Shelley Kirkpatrick things are still pretty easy right now. I'm gonna leave the L season in the interim running plan for you to adjust as you are already doing that and are doing it successfully.

I did start making changes, however, for when you start the half plan. So from April 27 until the second week of June, I have made adjustments so that the workouts are in the order I believe they should be. Of course, I don't know which Fridays are bad for swimming or which Sundays are good for long rides so I left both in there and then we can have you edit it as you go.

I will be able to follow your bread crumb trail and advise you. You can also set up a call with me when we get to the end of April and talk about this in more detail: https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min

#onwards

~ Coach P

• Options

@Shelley Kirkpatrick

Coach Patrick got your check-in update and I have pasted it below along with his response. 

This is part of our monthly process to stay connected, so thanks for filling that out. 

Rankings are as follows:

- Swim Fitness vs Last Month: 1

- Bike Fitness vs Last Month: 2

- Run Fitness vs Last Month: 2

- Body Comp vs Last Month: 1

Next month's focus: Stronger bike, steady run (increase cadence without agitating my chronic hip injury and get in the pool

Extra help request: Good so far, thanks

When you get a chance, tell me more about what’s going on with your hip. I want to make sure that we establish a run work out cadence that suits your body.

In case we don’t connect before you get started, here’s a key tip. Make sure that the first four weeks are very easy. Run every third day, for example and then cross train on the other two. You could run more, but we’re just sticking with how you should run. After those first four weeks we can begin to get into a more typical run program for you. That will make all the difference!

~ Coach Patrick