Home General Training Discussions
Options

Turkey Day overtraining

OK...I'm going to do my bike workout early then about 2 hours later do a 10k. This is much more than is scheduled for a Thursday typically. Any issues from the group?

I'm notorious for running headlong into that proverbial brickwall....I'm looking to change my ways BUT don't want to be a wuss either.

Legs are feeling great, progressing with pace and wattage both.

Vince

Comments

• Options
    i did this last saturday as part of the team marathon challenge. ended up with the sat. bike then 6.55 miles as a brick. just make sure your listening to your body. it may make sense to do a shorter run on sunday instead of the longer interval run, but you'll have to see how you feel. what's the plan for the 10k---are you crushing it or running it at LRP?
  • Options
    just cut out some of the "work" that is prescribed in one of your next runs. so look at your week as a whole or the two weeks as a whole. and keep in mind that racing is way harder than any set intervals with recovery in between. so like if i Iwere racing on turkey day then my Sunday run which has some 1 mile repeats in it, then I wouldn't do those and I would def take the rest day tomorrow. probably if it were me I would race and then do the bike because my ego is tied up in my race times if running with friends!!! hey just being honest, when they ask me "what is your time" they don't care that I did a bike workout before!!! ha. m
  • Options

I will cut back my run on Sunday. Thanks. More time to clean the garage/pain cave and install that TV/DVD I've been meaning to put in.

V