Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Adding race results?

Apparently I don't know what the hell I'm doing.  How do I add my results for Vineman 70.3?  I went to the Data Tool and added the race but I can't click the "add results" selection. 

Interestingly, When I search the race results for Vineman 70.3 I'm listed with some incorrect results that I didn't add.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone - race results? Am I dense or is something not working correctly for me in the Data Tool?
  • Options
    I've always had difficulties with entering results, especially if the race is in the past, too.

Can we possibly have someone create a wiki on how to? Or is there already one of those too that I can't find?!?
  • Options
    So I just went back into the Data Tool and checked - Vineman 70.3 is now listed and available under "Add race results for" on the Races drop-down. Maybe it takes the system some time to recognize that you added a race before it becomes available for results? Still seems to be some sort of bug but at least I might know how to work around it.
  • Options
    Do I have to create my own 'version' of Vineman 70.3 to add results, or is there any way to select an already-created one to add results to?
  • Options
    Not sure - I added my own but it seems like a good idea to have a master race list you could just select from or add to if your specific race wasn't there.
  • Options
    I can not even get data tool to add a race, much less the result?
  • Options
    First you have to add a race to your account. If the race isn't on the master list, you need to make it up.
    Then refresh screen.
    The add results for that race.
  • Options
    @Patrick, hate to be a real stickler here, but can someone do a step-by-step (with visuals/pics) for the wiki (it'll benefit everyone, I believe). I've been here 2+ years and have never really understood how to do it all.
    I honestly think there's a difference between adding it BEFORE and AFTER the race date too, maybe that's just me.
  • Options
    scott, it's on my list. There are a lot of really big picture things that need to happen before I can screencast, but it will get done. Can't promise screencasts for before/after race options, though. image

P
  • Options
    Went to DT and tried to add a race. Got the folllowing screen...

Add A RaceThis function is for Team EN Members Only, please Subscribe Here.
    Already A Member and Need Help? Email Us! CloseSubmitCancel

Help. Lost in Cyberspace.

Dave
  • Options
    @ David you should be all set now, I have make you a PRO user on the 3.0 side (looks like you had an old trial membership there).

P
  • Options
    Ok, so new user to adding race data to the data tool... I was successful in adding the race and then initially adding race results and comments, but what I entered is not exactly what was saved and then when I try to edit the information, it still does not save. For instance, I added comments and they do not save, I also modified T2 time and it did not save... I'm using Firefox on a Mac... maybe I'll try using another browser to see if that makes a difference.

-Todd
  • Options

Ditto here, and I am running windows...

• Options
    I will send this to the Data Tool team...sorry!
  • Options

Looks like I can now save changes to T2 for instance, but another bug to pass along.. when I update the Overall Age Group place and hit save, the value I entered gets replaced with the value in the Run TSS value. For instance, the one race I have logged (Lake Sammamish Tri), currently the value for Overall Age Group Place is 40.1 which is the Run TSS... Then when I try to edit the race to change it from 40.1 to 1 and click Save, it reverts to the Run TSS of 40.1. To confirm this you can simply change the Run TSS and that will also change the Overall Age Group Place.

This would seem to indicate a bug both on the inital submission and the edit.

Thanks,

-Todd