Home Announcements 🎙
Options

New 2011 OutSeason Plans

New 2011 OutSeason Plans

RnP have completed their annual rewrite of the OS plans and they are available now (or will be soon) in your Training Plan Central for you to load up into your account. We noticed that many of you had already loaded up the 2010 plans, to start your OS next Monday. We’ve gone ahead and swapped your ‘10 for the new ‘11...or that switch will be happening this afternoon.

Changes for 2011

• OutSeason Owners Manual: this is more for the plans we sell on the outside, but:
    • We realized that we and you were reusing the blocks of the OS at different parts of the season, dropping back into the Vo2 block, for example, between races to give you a fitness pop.
    • So for the .pdf plans, we’ve divided the plans into three separate training blocks, then written an “Owners Manual” around the blocks to give more detailed guidance for each block, how to reuse it, etc.
    • We’ve parked the text of that Owners Manual in the Wiki here, for your reference.
  • No more 30/30’s. Instead, we’ve taken what we’ve learned over the past few seasons and changed these to 2.5/2.5’s.
  • Intensity guidance is consistent across all plans (OS, HIM, IM’s). That is, no more sometimes we call it Z4-5, sometimes Z4, etc. Everything is now the same, across all of our plans.
  • Outdoor bike and run guidance separated from the plan itself: we give you our guidance for indoor vs outdoor volume once, in the Owners Manual, and then just roll with the indoor volume guidance in the plan itself. This made the plan a lot less cluttered.
  • Finally, we tweaked a few of the bike and run workouts.

Other OS Notes:
  • Please see, and sign in, to the October and November OS Sign-In Threads.
  • Questions about when to start the OS? Go here, or post your questions to the Macro Thread, NOT to this thread.

Questions about the changes? Please ask in this thread!

Comments

• Options
    Rich - I'm just curious about your rationale on 30/30s -- not that I'll miss them! So now we suffer for 2.5 mins then get a 2.5 min break...and presumably a lot of reps?? r/Paul
  • Options

We've had two rounds of the Power Hack to experiment with these and they just work better than the 30/30's. Also figured some of you would be interested in a change.

• Options
    Are the plans updated? It still shows 2.0 on Training Plan Central.
  • Options
    @Mark, if you are referring to the plan selector / dropdown tool, just go to the very bottom and you'll see 2011 OutSeason Advanced, etc. Right there!
  • Options
    I kind of like the 30/30's....honestly...I did....good pain!
  • Options
    OH S@#T...2.5/2.5? That's gonna huuuuuuuuuuuuurt! I hope all the new peeps are ready for the pain, because it's comin'!
  • Options
    i'm so glad it's switched to the 2.5/2.5'. i know it hurts, but i'm really just to lazy to switch gears on the trainer every 30 seconds. all that shifting made my forearms too big and gave me carpal tunnel.
  • Options
    Dare I say this, I thought the 30/30s were kinda ... easy for me. I think the 2.5/2.5s are gonna do a lot more 'damage' ... now when to start the OS ...
  • Options

@Cary:

I'm with you.  The 30-30s kinda hurt toward the end, but I MUCH preferred them to the FTP intervals, and they were over quickly.  2.5/2.5 is going to be downright painful... Note to self: keep a puke bucket next to the trainer.

• Options
    How do I make my OS plan start in Nov, not Oct, I tried to change it and all I was able to do was switch it from inter. to beg. (I am very new here, so I hope I am posting this to the correct spot)
    Thanks,
    Jo
  • Options
    Posted By Jo Cator on 03 Oct 2010 08:38 PM

How do I make my OS plan start in Nov, not Oct, I tried to change it and all I was able to do was switch it from inter. to beg. (I am very new here, so I hope I am posting this to the correct spot)

Thanks,

Jo

Jo,

To make your plan start later go to the same area where you can change the level.  Right below that is a drop down asking you when you want the plan to end.  Just push that end date out 4 weeks and you should be all set.

• Options
    @Rich or @Patrick:

Quick question. In Week 16 of the Advanced OS Plan, the Sunday Run is 60 minutes. In Weeks 17 & 18 it jumps up to 90 minutes before dropping back to 60 for weeks 19 & 20. Just want to confirm that you intend us to jump from 60 to 90 between weeks 16 and 17. In the past, we've have at least a week in between of running 75 minutes.

Thx.
  • Options
    Posted By Steve Perkins on 04 Oct 2010 12:23 PM

@Rich or @Patrick:

Quick question. In Week 16 of the Advanced OS Plan, the Sunday Run is 60 minutes. In Weeks 17 & 18 it jumps up to 90 minutes before dropping back to 60 for weeks 19 & 20. Just want to confirm that you intend us to jump from 60 to 90 between weeks 16 and 17. In the past, we've have at least a week in between of running 75 minutes.

Thx.

Steve, please post this and other bugs here.

• Options
    Just saw that thread was created.