Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

Week 14 bike after the test

2»

Comments

• Options
    Looks like everyone is really rockin' it today.... except me.... I played hooky and went skiing. Perfect weather - was in single digits overnight so the snow was cold but the air warmed to the mid teens under an cloudless azure sky. Did 16 miles mostly flat with a few slight rollers. Spent 4 hour of total bliss.....
  • Options
    Rode 75" on Thurs as I knew my time would be limited today. Wanted a 30" bike ride so did 5" wu and then 4x2.5 and 1" at 120% FTP. Hit 1.23 to 1.18 but I didnt have new bike zones. The run on the other hand, oh dear was that Z3 was hard. Goal was 9:02 and actual was 9:01. Doable but challenging.

Lynne
  • Options
    Just catching up a little here.

been crazy over the last week. son had surgery and we had lots of friends and family squattin' for that. Well Wishin' stuff. He's fine, thx. Work has been crazy busy for me during all of that.

Still getting the workouts done (missed one run last week). Don't have any analysis to give ya (haven't even had a chance to download them, either), just know that the pain cave is still rawkin'.

using 220w for the new FTP seems to be spot on, if not a touch high, if these workouts are any indication. I'm gonna stay with 220w for the indoor workouts. And bump that up to 240 for the outdoor workouts. You guys helped a ton with that.
  • Options

Gave it all I had to get through the  2.5's on Sat.  The 6 intervals were  302, 305, 305, 299, 293, 292 

Don't think I could have pushed any harder, although below my 120%  level I was very happy to have got them all done and lived to tell about it.

Followed with  a 1X 30'  @ 211 w    recovered pretty well and felt descent during this Zone 3 set.

Then went and reffed 4 basketball games, that put me over the edge, legs are begging for a rest.

• Options
    Posted By Chris Hardbeck on 07 Feb 2011 09:42 AM

Just catching up a little here.

been crazy over the last week. son had surgery and we had lots of friends and family squattin' for that. Well Wishin' stuff. He's fine, thx. Work has been crazy busy for me during all of that.

Still getting the workouts done (missed one run last week). Don't have any analysis to give ya (haven't even had a chance to download them, either), just know that the pain cave is still rawkin'.

using 220w for the new FTP seems to be spot on, if not a touch high, if these workouts are any indication. I'm gonna stay with 220w for the indoor workouts. And bump that up to 240 for the outdoor workouts. You guys helped a ton with that.

Chris, way to put your head down and get it done with the family/work stresses included.  Hope your son has a speedy recovery.  A vDOT improvement considering your current load is amazing.  Hope you can get some rest along the way also!

• Options
    Thx Shaughn. EN saved me here. Priorities stayed in place and still got most of the workouts done, and didn't lose any SAU's along the way, no need to feel guilty! I am looking forward to getting back to a normal routine, tho.

Life's Curveballs - 0
    EN - 1