Home General Training Discussions
Options

My first PM question!

Ok, everybody!  I'm new to power this OS, 1/2 way through the webinar seminar (man, that going to work thing really gets in the way! ) and just got a coded cyclops 2.4 heart rate strap to go with my powertap SL 2.4.  Here's my 1st question!

I'm having mega-trouble trying get the strap and CPU to code.  I've followed all the steps in the manual, read through the website, replaced the battery in the CPU and strap. 

Any suggestions?!    Am I doing something wrong?  I wanted to check with you guys first before I call them.

Comments

• Options
    My default is to call Saris. Each time I call they offer first class service and walk me through my issues. I usually don't even try to fight my way through the manual. I have yet to be disappointed.

P.S. If you also use a Garmin unit for running you may want to use the Garmin HR strap for your PowerTap as well. That will keep you from needing to swap straps in T2.
  • Options
    You don't happen to have any other heart rate monitor straps anywhere near your powertap, do you? Mine doesn't seem to like other hrm straps being anywhere nearby.
  • Options

Thanks, guys, will check it out.  Al, I'm glad that you mentioned that about Saris...I was afraid to call because most places just offer "robo" assistance and refer you back to the manual. 

And yep, Beth, moved all the other HRM out of the room (upstairs, in fact.)

• Options

I Second what Al said.  Call Saris- you'll be surprised, their Customer Service is great.

• Options
    I too just got a PM with HR (received it yesterday) and I had the same problem. I found that if I did a "Find" the CPU picked up both the hub and the hr strap. I'm not sure if you tried that, but it worked for me. I also had a handful of questions and called Saris, they were very helpful and patient walking through my issues.