Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Beer and Training

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm having a boys only post Xmas party Saturday and am going beer shopping rght now. Also filling up the bed of the truck with firewood :-)
  • Options
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 23 Dec 2009 03:21 PM

I'm having a boys only post Xmas party Saturday and am going beer shopping rght now. Also filling up the bed of the truck with firewood :-)

What did you end up buying Rich?  You are going to crush me when you list the great beers since I can't get them out here.  If you ended up getting crap beer you are going to dissapoint me.

• Options
    My mother-in-law is an insane health-food nut. She doesn't drink because of a medication she's on. As a joke, I offered her "fermented barley malt juice with herbs" aka beer with hops. I then handed her a Heineken. She didn't drink it.
  • Options
    Posted By Tucker McKeever on 24 Dec 2009 09:34 PM
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 23 Dec 2009 03:21 PM

What did you end up buying Rich?  You are going to crush me when you list the great beers since I can't get them out here.  If you ended up getting crap beer you are going to dissapoint me.

Forgot to take pics, though I could dumpster diving in the reclycables bin . Off the top of my head:

• 2 x different kinds of Chimay
    • Triple Exultation
    • Fat Tire New Belgium
    • Some German "smoke" beer, tasted like sausage .
    • A few others. I know the liquor store tab was $80, several $10+ bottles.

Of course, I had some Newcastle, Modelo Negro, Sam Adams (I picked up a case of their mixed beers at Costco, I like the Old Feziwig (?) on hand. Someone brought some Spaten.

Evening was a total friggin' Dockers commercial. 8 guys, 35-47yo, eating chili, carne asada/pollo, and about 12 different beer bottles passed around. Miles Davis on the Bose, three dogs sleeping under the table, good stuff!

• Options

Oo. Russian River. Haven't had that in ages. I think it's time I went back to my beer snob days!

• Options
    @Rich - Some good choices. Probably not your best effort but passable.

@Leigh - It hurts me that you have access to beers that good and aren't taking advantage of them.

I made some fresh pasta with my daughter and cracked open a Lake Placid IPA growler. Love that stuff.
  • Options

Yeah, the liquor store I went too was HUGE, with a ginormous selection of booze, but beer not so much. I did the best I could.

EN Official Beerz at the US IMs are:

IMCDA = CDA Brewery Vanilla Bourbon Stout

IMUSA = Ubu Ale

IMLou = Natural Light...just kidding, we just have Guiness in this local dive we found.

IMWI = great selection at the Great Dane.

IMAZ and IMFL we work too much so not much opportunity to imbibe...though last year the host hotel was selling $1 PBR about 50ft from the finishline

• Options
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 28 Dec 2009 08:46 PM

Yeah, the liquor store I went too was HUGE, with a ginormous selection of booze, but beer not so much. I did the best I could.

EN Official Beerz at the US IMs are:

IMCDA = CDA Brewery Vanilla Bourbon Stout

IMUSA = Ubu Ale

IMLou = Natural Light...just kidding, we just have Guiness in this local dive we found.

IMWI = great selection at the Great Dane.

IMAZ and IMFL we work too much so not much opportunity to imbibe...though last year the host hotel was selling $1 PBR about 50ft from the finishline

That is some good work there Rich.  But you want to hear something sad?  The Lake Placid IPA was FLAT!!!  Then I decided to crak open some wine that someone gave us at our party.  Yeah it pretty much sucked.  Undrinkable.  If you are going to make the effort to bring something you can't at least make sure it is drinkable?  It was a Malbec from Argentina.  You can get a ridicuously goo Malbec for like $10.  But to my credit when I opened it, my wife asked if it were one of my good wines.  I replied, no it probably sucks, Sean brought it.  Correct I was.

• Options

Two of the guys brought two bottles of good wine, another brought a 6 of Newkie. The beer fridge in the trailer is stoopid full, I'm set for a while.