Home Announcements 🎙
Options

get video not just link

How do you post a video so that the video itself is in the window, not the link?

Corollary- How can we get links to open in a  new window all of the time?

Comments

• Options

Just bumping... bump... bump...

My pics are red boxes off Snapfish. I am apparently quite inept, but I posted a video and could only get the address to come up. It's easier for readers if the window to hit play is right in front of you.

• Options

I don't know the answer to the  Q about getting the link to open in a new window.  I think that may be a browser thing.

But- I do know how to do the video in the post deal.  The trick however, is that this doesn't work the same for me in every browser I use (at work we have and old version of IE and it doesn't work there- but at home I use Google Chrome and it works fine).

1- Go find your video (I use YouTube) and copy the "Embed Video" link provided

2- Paste that HTML code here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=delUnYaTdQk

3- I usually select "Preview" from the buttons below to make sure it copied right.

4- Submit your post.

Easy- but again- I've found some browsers are more finicky so if you are having trouble- try another browser.

• Options

to post the link that opens in a new window, click the link icon above, paste in the URL, then click the "Target" tab and select new window.  As for the video, what nemo said. If your video stuff plays nicely, like youtube, it should have an "embed" option..all you need to do is cut/paste that into your message....

P

• Options

I think it was a browser issue.

I went back to Firefox and have had better luck.

For whatever reason- Google Chrome and Internet Explorer/AOL do not allow for posting at all or in a way that works. But I am not a computer guru and have no idea how to work around.